Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #646
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
I contacted worldox and they said it's available for 1100 $ with an English interface.
I've contacted them twice and have not received anything other than the automated "we received your inquiry" response.

I knew this was the next big thing for me as soon as I read the first press release. I just hope I find a way to get my hands on one.
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #647
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheostaticsfan View Post
I've contacted them twice and have not received anything other than the automated "we received your inquiry" response.

I knew this was the next big thing for me as soon as I read the first press release. I just hope I find a way to get my hands on one.
Did you send an email to sales@worldox.com or contacted them some other way?
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #648
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASgPvi0y4ww

It's sad the browser is not good.
I guess reflective lcd, maybe without color layer to keep the resolution high, would be just fine, a little heavier but probably considerably cheaper than DPT-S1, regrettably, I don't think we'll see some around (10" or 13") any time soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdXu9jmTI2A

Last edited by markom; 05-08-2014 at 10:23 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #649
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
YOU want it. This thread is not entirely dedicated to YOU. Many people will be more than satisfied with a 9.7" device WITH an HD screen (unlike the Mobius). Plus its Android OS makes reader choices far, far wider and allows the user to utilize the hardware more effectively.

Apparently Onyx also plan to release an e-ink tablet the same size as the Mobius.
This thread is dedicated to the 13.3" Sony reader. It is the size that is new and interesting. 9.7" devices have been around for years.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #650
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
I guess reflective lcd, maybe without color layer to keep the resolution high, would be just fine, a little heavier but probably considerably cheaper than DPT-S1, regrettably, I don't think we'll see some around (10" or 13") any time soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdXu9jmTI2A
This is the company that produced the new iphone screen, I think. Maybe they get more visibility now. You see that they created this some while ago, the video is from 2012.
I would like to see some device with this colour technology, reflective display, produced in large scale. This would solve some battery problems and allow reading outdoors. Still has some problems, but with some investment from other company maybe they could solve it.
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #651
Yokowa
Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1 T3
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASgPvi0y4ww

It's sad the browser is not good.
but you can easily turn the reader into a monitor just by using the browser, which i am so satisfied with. You can even zoom in to get desired content enlarged. handy and powerful!
please see:http://postimg.org/image/x59t4ljkb/

Last edited by Yokowa; 05-08-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Yokowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #652
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
This thread is dedicated to the 13.3" Sony reader. It is the size that is new and interesting. 9.7" devices have been around for years.
Whatever. Mentioning alternative e-ink products with large screens is pertinent and helpful to SOME people reading this thread.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #653
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokowa View Post
but you can easily turn the reader into a monitor just by using the browser, which i am so satisfied with. You can even zoom in to get desired content enlarged. handy and powerful!
please see:http://postimg.org/image/x59t4ljkb/
Do you actually have one of DPT-S1?!
If so, please tell us more about? How was your web browsing experience? How was your experience with the dictionary?
Thx so much.
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:17 PM   #654
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
Precisely. For a e-ink 9.7 inch screen there would be no need of such an anticipation, because there are already options (you can say they are not perfect, but there are) while for the 13.3 there is none. And in my opinion, and surely many of the people who bothered to post in this thread, the screen size is one, if not the most, interesting thing about the device.
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #655
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Onyx also plan either an 11" ereader or a 13.3" ereader end of 2014 or 2015. The size will depend on demand. Presumably it will also run open Android like the tiny 9.7". I don't know about the 13.3" but if it is 11" it will be a hd screen. Sorry, am I allowed to mention the 11" ?

As I said before, the big Onyx running Android will be more flexible than to the typically limited but stable Sony software.

It will also have a front light and blue-tooth. I'd also bet it will cheaper.

Id like to use either the Onyx 13" or the 9.7" (oops! There I go again!) as an e-ink monitor. As it stands I'm not aware of an effective method of slaving a tablet to a PC.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #656
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Did you send an email to sales@worldox.com or contacted them some other way?
I used the contact form on their website.

I will try the email as well.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:01 AM   #657
coloraday
coloraday began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Whatever. Mentioning alternative e-ink products with large screens is pertinent and helpful to SOME people reading this thread.
I do not really see how a 9.7" device could be an alternative to a 13.3" one. They are incommensurable.
coloraday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #658
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Paper-...eywords=dpt-s1

[Japan Import : Japanese Memu Language]

7 new; $1,309 - $1,730

Last edited by markom; 05-09-2014 at 07:49 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #659
rheostaticsfan
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Paper-...eywords=dpt-s1

[Japan Import : Japanese Memu Language]

7 new; $1,309 - $1,730
Nice. I wonder how long until we start seeing the English language menus.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #660
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheostaticsfan View Post
Nice. I wonder how long until we start seeing the English language menus.
Not until the product is released outside Japan, I suspect.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote