Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Perfect book light for the JBL!

I wanted to share my find! I saw on a kindle board someone mention a new ebook light. So I ordered the Belkin ebook light from amazon. It is absolutely perfect for the Jetbook Lite! I am so pleased!

Light
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It does look nice and I like that it runs on normal AAA batteries not the Button types.

You know it looks like it would be great for the new JB "Mini", especially as it also runs
on AAAs.

My only reservation would be about how long the flexibility of that neck would last.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
Duplicate post...sorry

Gary

Last edited by Blusaber; 09-04-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: duplicate post
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I wanted to share my find! I saw on a kindle board someone mention a new ebook light. So I ordered the Belkin ebook light from amazon. It is absolutely perfect for the Jetbook Lite! I am so pleased!

Light

Thank you BL6

Nice find I am having the wife order me one looks to be a perfect solution for the JBL

Gary
Old 09-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Seems a bit overpriced to me. I carry one of those little knurled, spun aluminum, Chinese LED flashlights powered by 3 AAAs in a little battery pack (about $3 although Harbor Freight has them on sale 2/$3 right now) and a magnifier with an LED powered by 3 AAAs that cost $7 from the drugstore in my purse. Either one is easy to hold and, as infrequently as I need a light, is more than adequate for my needs.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like to read in bed at night and this light is perfect for that. I was worried it wouldn't fit but the clip on part is adjustable. I was worried it would obscure part of the screen but it doesn't. Of course the batteries add to the overall weight of the device. This is the first light I've ever bought specifically for an ereader, and it is actually cheaper than the light m-edge sells, and the same price as the kandle, both of which I was considering. I am very satisfied!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I like to read in bed at night and this light is perfect for that. I was worried it wouldn't fit but the clip on part is adjustable. I was worried it would obscure part of the screen but it doesn't. Of course the batteries add to the overall weight of the device. This is the first light I've ever bought specifically for an ereader, and it is actually cheaper than the light m-edge sells, and the same price as the kandle, both of which I was considering. I am very satisfied!
I find it far more comfortable to read off my TV screen in bed (a wireless mouse makes good remote). No book to hold on to and the screen is backlit (yeah, I know, DUH!). I don't have to worry about possibly dropping a reader if I nod off and dealing with booklights. But then, I'm also lazy.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Wow, Jeannie, I never even heard of doing that! It sounds amazing!
Old 09-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard

Quote:
Wow, Jeannie, I never even heard of doing that! It sounds amazing!
I wouldn't call it amazing but it is darned convenient. I have my TV patched into my computer so I just load a book into the viewer in calibre, switch my TV input to the computer, adjust the zoom, then kick back and read. I even play music at the same time, using my computer. I don't have to get out of bed to shut things down. I just run a playlist and when the playlist runs out, the computer turns off the monitor shortly afterwards (I can always shut off the music earlier if I want using the mouse). The TV I can either turn off when I'm finished reading or put it on a sleep timer if I expect to fall asleep first. If I want to watch a visualization on the TV screen until I go to sleep while listening to music (it's surprisingly relaxing), I just minimize the e-book viewer, using the mouse (I have an extra one I leave on the nightstand), and set the TV's sleep timer with the TV remote. Life is good (and yes, I'm lazy).
Old 09-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

All that sounds very amazing to me!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #11
Blusaber
Enthusiast

My belkin lite came today and I'm thrilled with it. I can adjust it so I don't have any hot spots, fits the JBL in a nice secure manor.

Thank you booklover6 for shareing this I'm very satisfied with this purchase

Gary
Old 09-11-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
Pinnacler
Pinnacler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:

Light
Yes, that is a nice booklight. If I end up ordering a JetBook, I will definitely be ordering one of these as well. Thank you for the link.
Pinnacler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Isn't it great, Gary? Its perfect!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #14
Blusaber
Enthusiast

Definitely great !!!

I liked how the light head tucked into the clip portion forming a loop. I put a hook next to my reading chair where it now hangs out of the way ready for use.

It fits perfect on the sony 505 as well. If I weaken and buy a prs-350 or 650 I'll be ready

Gary