Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
Ben
Edge User

Question Going to miss my edge...

It hasnt even been a year since I got this and I will be putting it up on eBay for a decent price, but i need to know, is there a location that has the steps needed to remove any of my information from it so the next person isnt stuck with all of my garbage?

I pre-ordered the asus eee transformer and should see it in a few weeks... reviews really place it up there....

I also want to thank everyone that has helped me here in the past with any issues I had and those those that didnt help... the heck with ya, but I still want to wish you the best also...

Ben

Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

A golden update should completely wipe your eDGe clean: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=263.

Before or afterwards, log into "My Account" on the enTourage website, click the "Edit" link in "My Devices" and mark the eDGe as "Transferable". Currently the "Edit" link seems to result in an error page, so you may need to phone Tech Support to mark it "Transferable" on your behalf.

Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Filark
Edge User

That Transformer looks mighty cool, but are you sure you want to give up your eDGe before you see it? I would miss the e-ink side too much, I think.

Good luck to you!!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
Ben
Edge User

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
A golden update should completely wipe your eDGe clean: https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=263.

Before or afterwards, log into "My Account" on the enTourage website, click the "Edit" link in "My Devices" and mark the eDGe as "Transferable". Currently the "Edit" link seems to result in an error page, so you may need to phone Tech Support to mark it "Transferable" on your behalf.
As always you are a great help borisb... sometimes you scare me...

Ben

Old 05-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
Ben
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
That Transformer looks mighty cool, but are you sure you want to give up your eDGe before you see it? I would miss the e-ink side too much, I think.

Good luck to you!!
I actually don't use the sink side as much as I thought I would... most places I use it have poor lighting and the light I have is annoying...

Thought about waiting for the transformer, but after seeing enough videos of it I figured I would take the plunge.

Ben

Advert
Old 05-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
As always you are a great help borisb... sometimes you scare me...

Ben
I freak myself out all the time

Old 05-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
It hasnt even been a year since I got this and I will be putting it up on eBay for a decent price ...
Any idea when you might be listing it? I have seen a few used EEs on eBay and most are going for around $200 to $250. Not bad considering there are new ones listed for over $500. Enjoy your Transformer.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post

What happens if somebody were to bid on an EE or PE on eBay and the eDGe is not transferred by the previous owner, how would they go about registering the device? Just curious.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
borisb
Edge User

They have to contact enTourage Tech Support who can clear the registration of the previous owner.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #10
maspears
Edge User

Good call on the transformer. They are well sort after so much that they are sold out everywhere and are being pre-ordered. I have also being looking at them. Even if I buy one, my heart will always be for my edge. I will always keep. New price at Amazon: $194.69 for new pocket edge sold by worldwide distributions.