Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Just to be clear, you burned the image onto the SD card using image writing software, right? You didn't just copy it.

I have no idea why the Nook wouldn't boot from the SD card in that case. I guess I would try doing a factory reset. If you have done that, it has reset the firmware, and it still won't boot from an SD card, then I have no idea what is wrong. Especially if the SD card slot is working for storage.

If no-one else replies you will have to go ask at XDA or somewhere. I don't know much about it. Sorry, I am just giving my best guess.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #17
bhartesh
bhartesh began at the beginning.

Device: nook
hi .
i found the solution (i suppose). i deregistered the device.then i skip the registration.then i switched off the nook and the i inserted the sd card with gabriel touchnooter 2.1 software. after powering on my nook was rooted. after this i registered my device with oobe registration icon.everything went on with brreeze. i don't understand why it works this way .
I thank you all who helped me in this
bhartesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:50 AM   #18
nandini
Enthusiast
nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nandini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T2, Note II
I'm from India

Hello,
I'm from India and I want to buy nook simple touch from grabmore.in

I don't want to root my nook as it will ruin its simplicity for which I'm buying it.
But when I contacted barnes & noble nook expert he told me that I can't use it in India without US address and credit card.

@bhartesh or anyone who lives outside US: Can you please help me? I will never opt for rooting so is there any other option(tried & successful)?
One more thing, if I don't register nook then I will not be able to transfer PDFs from my computer? Because I want to use nook for that purpose only!

Thank you.
nandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Nandini, nobody seems to have answered you, unless they PM'ed you. I had created a Nook account a few years back, but never entered any CC info and never purchased anything, because I prefer Kindle, and when I just set my Nook ST last night, all I had to do was enter the email address and password associated with my account. When you set it up, the device will ask you for an address and credit card information, and I did not even see it at first, but there is a teeeny tiny "skip" option so you can skip the credit card step.

Sorry, I gave you wrong info! I just checked my BN account and I must have entered a credit card when I set it up originally. I forgot about it since I never purchased any content. You may want to get a kindle instead.

Last edited by xendula; 11-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
pwnn
Enthusiast
pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!pwnn rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook Touch
You only need to provide a CC# or address if you want to purchase or download free books from B&N. Otherwise, all you need is an e-mail (not even a valid one) and a wireless connection to register through your Nook. After you register you never need to be connected to B&N again and you can side-load via usb from your computer.

With rooting you can skip registration but supposedly not registering causes the battery to drain faster.
pwnn is offline   Reply With Quote