Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Book Lists

Does anyone have a good way to cut a selection of books and paste the text into something else (e.g. email or a word processor)?

I can use the MS Windows 'snip' tool to capture an image of a screen's worth of material, but it is an image and doesn't work well with a list that is bigger than one screen. I thought maybe there would be a right-click function with multiple books selected that would do something like this, but nothing seem appropriate.

I have been adding my "wish List" books to Calibre using the ISBN feature and I would like to sort out the wish list and produce a printed copy.
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to the convert books button and select create catalog
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What Kovid said, BUT

Select (highlight) your custom list of titles first

Now when you create the Catalog, it will only contain those books.
NB You might want to set a different save name.
Note: the alternate output formats.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
ballast
Enthusiast
ballast is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook
Thumbs up you folks are just toooo clever

I knew there had to be a way - I created a custom "status" column and set it to yes/no. Now when I read a book, I set the status to yes (and get a green check mark) and I use the ISDN entry to enter books that are on my wish list (new, future or just wanted) and set the status to no and get a red X in the status column. Then I won't forget to check periodically to see if any of my wish list titles have become available.
ballast is offline   Reply With Quote