Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
saving changes only

I would like to see a feature to save just the changes I made as a checkpoint save. I recently was making a change after a number of other changes and Sigil locked up and I lost all the changes. (a bug has been submitted)

Having to re-make the entire book just to save the state of my changes is cumbersome and time consuming. I would like to see a checkpoint save that would just quickly save the changes I have made during this session. Any subsequent changes would overwrite the checkpoint save if I did it again. This way I could checkpoint my changes and building the book could be done based on this which would them remove the checkpoint saves. If the machine crashes it should reload from the book and then overwrite the changed pages with the most recent copies from the checkpoint saves. If you wished a revert to the book version could be supported as an option.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking for an auto-backup feature? Something like Sigil saving you current work every 5 minutes to a rotating set of, say, three back-ups in a special location? Because that's something I've had in mind for a while, just haven't had time to do it yet.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking for an auto-backup feature? Something like Sigil saving you current work every 5 minutes to a rotating set of, say, three back-ups in a special location? Because that's something I've had in mind for a while, just haven't had time to do it yet.
Auto backup would be fine, or even manual backup, it doesn't have to be automatic. I can save things often and before doing anything risky. It is just a pain to lose work.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Do make an issue on the tracker for this. Add a link to this thread too.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote