Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
trout
Enthusiast
trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.trout has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
UK public libray e books

If you live in Hampshire or have a Hampshire libraries card you can borrow from
http://hampshirelibrary.lib.overdriv...en/Default.htm
Quite a good selection for free
trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Trout, very interesting. I'm sure libraries here in the states must be doing this too but I've never tried it. Do these books have to be 'returned'?
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
The books expire and quit working at the end of the check-out period (generally 3 weeks, but a lot of the libraries now allow you to choose a shorter check-out period if you're sure you won't need it that long), so no need to return anything.

Last edited by KarenH; 12-22-2009 at 08:38 PM.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
The Fairfax, VA library operates like that. You check out the book (which is in ePub) and it's yours for 21 days at the end of which it disappears off your reader. I've read a half dozen or so of their books and it works fine.

For more details on eBook lending libraries, check out our Wiki on the subject here https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
K8Ereader
Connoisseur
K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.K8Ereader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Sadly my local library doesn't yet, but apparently Essex (UK) libraries do! My SIL can 'borrow' ebooks. I guess it's just a matter of time before I can do the same.
K8Ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert