Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #931
lollazzo
lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
When is the OTA ready?
lollazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #932
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vankhoa View Post
Duokan 2012 R7.4 (English support for K5/KP) has been released!

http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-75709-1-1.html
Does it support RTL languages?
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #933
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollazzo View Post
When is the OTA ready?
see this post.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #934
lollazzo
lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lollazzo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Thanks

If I want update, what do I do?
lollazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #935
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollazzo View Post
Thanks

If I want update, what do I do?
download the zip file and copy the DK_System folder > restart kindle
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #936
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
- how to make screenshots?
- how to view images?

anyone?...
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 AM   #937
Reith
Reith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 Wifi
Hi,
I'm currently a KindleOS user and tried very old Kindle Lite versions before.
Does Kindle Lite PDF viewer supports Two column sectioning?

KindleOS is fine for me except in epub font renderings, for example in my programming books, letters are conjugated in code sections (Courier font).

Sorry for my bad English

UPDATE: Yes! It supports!

Last edited by Reith; 12-21-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Reith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #938
Montecitorio
Montecitorio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Does anybody have (a correct) english translation of duokan latest version? (R7.5)
Or at least somebody knows where is the chinese.txt file so I can translate the things that aren't translated into English?

Thanks
Montecitorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #939
Moshe1010
Moshe1010 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Hey,

I got Kindle Paperwhite today and this is my first Kindle. I've already put a jailbreak on it, but I would like to Install Duokan as well. Is there any guide how to install it in English? I've seen the original post on the Chinese forum, but the instructions there (PDF file) are not in English.

Thanks and sorry for my first post request.

Edit: I've managed to install it, but now I have no idea how to change the menu to English :\

Edit 2: Found it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49#post2091349

Just go back to home and it would update itself.

Thanks guys, you are awesome!

Last edited by Moshe1010; 12-26-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Moshe1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #940
Montecitorio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe1010 View Post
Hey,

I got Kindle Paperwhite today and this is my first Kindle. I've already put a jailbreak on it, but I would like to Install Duokan as well. Is there any guide how to install it in English? I've seen the original post on the Chinese forum, but the instructions there (PDF file) are not in English.

Thanks and sorry for my first post request.

Edit: I've managed to install it, but now I have no idea how to change the menu to English :\
Hey man, now do this:

-Press Menu button
-Go to the last option (the one that has an "S")
-Now in the 1st page (the one that just showed up) go to the 4th line (that has a "D") and there you will see the available languages

Also if you like to, you can use this translation I'm working on, there are still things in chinese, but at least it's acceptable
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (20.1 KB, 307 views)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #941
Moshe1010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecitorio View Post
Hey man, now do this:

-Press Menu button
-Go to the last option (the one that has an "S")
-Now in the 1st page (the one that just showed up) go to the 4th line (that has a "D") and there you will see the available languages

Also if you like to, you can use this translation I'm working on, there are still things in chinese, but at least it's acceptable
Thanks. 3 More questions:
1. Can I read books that I've purchased from Amazon? I can't notice them in the device.
2. How do I add the dictionaries I had on my original OS? Where to I find additional dictionaries?
3. If I have PDF's/mobi files that I want to add to my device, where should I add them?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #942
Montecitorio

Quote:
Thanks. 3 More questions:
1. Can I read books that I've purchased from Amazon? I can't notice them in the device.
2. How do I add the dictionaries I had on my original OS? Where to I find additional dictionaries?
3. If I have PDF's/mobi files that I want to add to my device, where should I add them?

Thanks!
1. Yes, although you need to remove their DRM and convert them aswell (I recommend converting them to a MOBI format)

2. You can't add Amazon dictionaries (because they are AZW and have DRM; also because Duokan uses an Ubuntu-based dictionary); look for StarDict dictionaries (Here's Collins English-English one http://www.mediafire.com/?odz4ejyttm3 which I'm using atm)

3. Either in Documents or DK_Documents, either way Doukan checks both folders

Also use Calibre for managing your book collection, a real must for Kindle users
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #943
Moshe1010

Quote:
1. Yes, although you need to remove their DRM and convert them aswell (I recommend converting them to a MOBI format)

2. You can't add Amazon dictionaries (because they are AZW and have DRM; also because Duokan uses an Ubuntu-based dictionary); look for StarDict dictionaries (Here's Collins English-English one http://www.mediafire.com/?odz4ejyttm3 which I'm using atm)

Also use Calibre for managing your book collection, a real must for Kindle users
Got it, thank you very much
Old 12-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #944
Moshe1010

Quote:

Hey,

I managed to install the dictionary in the link you gave me; however, I get a lot of HTML tags when I translate words. For example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ur0ns403z...%2017%20PM.jpg

Do you know how to fix it?

I guess it's something with "res" folder. I tried to put "res" in "dict" or "res" in "res" itself, but it didn't help. I also see another file that isn't mentioned anywhere else:
collins3.syn
should I also put it in "dict" folder? (it's already there)

edit: never mind. I just saw on the developers website that they are going to fix it on 7.6:
"● stardict dictionary support with html format ; "

Last edited by Moshe1010; 12-27-2012 at 04:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #945
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
edit: never mind. I just saw on the developers website that they are going to fix it on 7.6:
"● stardict dictionary support with html format ; "

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf