Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Deleting books in library without device plugged in

I have deleted a few books from Calibre, while the device on which they are, was not plugged in.

Is it possible that Calibre will detect books on the device, that were sent there via calibre, that are no longer in the library?
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_es View Post
I have deleted a few books from Calibre, while the device on which they are, was not plugged in.

Is it possible that Calibre will detect books on the device, that were sent there via calibre, that are no longer in the library?
When you connect your reader to your PC, in Calibre you can select the "Device View" rather than the "Library View" to see the books that are on your device. Also, if you re-add the book to your Calibre library, Calibre will automatically recognise that the corresponding book is already on the device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_es View Post

I am almost positive that Calibre CAN NOT detect how the books arrived at the device.

Calibre will Catalog` all the books it can find (some devices hide books from the computer connection) on your device.
When the Job wheel stops, switch to the Device or Card view: Click the In Library column header.
All the 'ticked' books will sort together.
All the un-ticked (Not in (THIS) Library) will be together.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
perfect - thanks.... i never saw that feature before!
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote