Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #1
VicStar
Enthusiast
VicStar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-650
Help Pls - Reader Library Sync

Hi there,

Each time I connect the e-reader with the notebook, the "Reader Library" transfers another copy of each book in the library to the e-reader. I end up with multiple copies on the e-reader.

Bit more information - under the Reader Library/Edit, I have checked every box below:
* Launch Reader Library when Reader device is connected
* Check for updates automatically
* Merge all notes when syncing the device
* Check for EPUB file type association
* Check for non-supported bookmarks during Reader device sync

So far, I have purchased only 4 e-books which are all EPUB

I have no idea which setting will fix this.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Vic

Last edited by VicStar; 10-04-2010 at 02:00 AM.
VicStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I *think* the solution is to delete the media.xml file from the Reader (you'll have to use Windows Explorer to navigate to the folder it's in).

wiser minds might have other solutions.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
VicStar
Enthusiast

thanks doreenjoy
Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
VicStar
Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Please, any other ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Vic
Old 10-07-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
with the reader attached you can click on the reader to open up its categories, then click on the sync symbol under the reader in the left pane.
This opens a panel on the right that gives you the sync options for your reader. You can tell it to sync collection, all books, pictures etc, or not to sync at all..........
if this does not work, or you wish to use the sync, it may be best to make sure you have all books in the elibrary on the pc then remove them from the actual reader and start fresh with a clean sync, that should stop any dupes.
You don't need to sync, you can drag collection from the library to the reader, or individual books too.
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
VicStar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
with the reader attached you can click on the reader to open up its categories, then click on the sync symbol under the reader in the left pane.
This opens a panel on the right that gives you the sync options for your reader. You can tell it to sync collection, all books, pictures etc, or not to sync at all..........
if this does not work, or you wish to use the sync, it may be best to make sure you have all books in the elibrary on the pc then remove them from the actual reader and start fresh with a clean sync, that should stop any dupes.
You don't need to sync, you can drag collection from the library to the reader, or individual books too.
hi babyd,

I think my problem is solved.

Thank you ever so much.

VicStar