Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
Nikko73
Enthusiast
Nikko73 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Aura One (after Hanlin, Sony and other Kobo devices)
Hanlin A6 and A9

The specs, design and useability of the upcoming Jinke A6 and, particularly,
A9 look exceptional. See:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68788

I was just wondering if any Australian businesses are going to sell or rebrand these devices (cbell from DA direct?). I guess they will be available on the Jinke website as a last resort.
Nikko73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi Nikko, as DA/CBS have exclusive rights to Jinke products in AU/NZ, I expect we will be selling and supporting the A6 and A9 - please keep an eye on our website for more information:

https://www.dadirect.com/books/ebookreader.asp

Last edited by cbell; 01-10-2010 at 05:53 PM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
More data on A6/A9 and confirmed dates and prices for Spain.

They will be the PAPYRE 6.0 & PAPYRE 9.0.

http://mipapyreebookreader.blogspot.com/search/label/A6
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
They look amazing! I'm not sure I'll buy one (I want my V3 to last as long as possible), but they definitely attracted my attention.

They have everything that drove me to buy my V3, plus everything I envy from other devices!
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
More data on A6/A9 and confirmed dates and prices for Spain.
It is interesting that the A9 will be available first, in April, and at a very good price. The big unknown is the SiPix screen (automatically translated):
Quote:
VIZPLEX uses 2 particles to create the black target/and to paint in the screen. SiPIX uses a unique particle submerged in a tinted fluid. The VIZPLEX system is faster in the refreshment of the screen, but SiPIX is more robust since there is possibility of no collision between particles or to select the incorrect particle; what avoids operation errors.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Interesting comparison wallcraft, I have a SiPix screen for testing for a bout a week now. It seems fine so far, fast enough on page changes and nice crisp display even though it is a touch screen. It is a prototype device but it looks very promising.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Probably both technologies are like same as performance, I mean they are fast enough so human eye can't really get the difference between them...
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have a SiPix screen for testing for a bout a week now.
How is the contrast? As good as Vizplex?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
How is the contrast? As good as Vizplex?
The contrast seems as good. The background color is slightly different. I would classify Vizplex as slightly tannish while the SiPix is grayish but the difference isn't all that great. Black seems just as dark. The flash is to white instead of black and letters that are the same on the next page as they were on the last seem to stay through the flash which means there are a few noticeable dark pixels during the flash. This is likely something do do with the controller and may not appear in all implementations. Initially the new screen seems to have darker text that then settles down. Kind of hard to describe.

Dale
Old 01-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
No better contrast = no progress.
It seems I will use my V3ext for a long time.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 AM   #11
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
I'll get an A9 because I want a big screen one(for reading PDFs and other tech docs) but V3 will still be the one I use most for reading
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 AM   #12
Nikko73
Enthusiast

I will be happy with the Sipix A9 if its as good as the vizplex V3 screen. Sure an improvment in screen refresh / contrast would be good but I think the main difference is the robustness of the Sipix. It sounds like it can take alot more pressure with no breakage. Plus 1024 x 768 will liberate a truckload of PDFs from my PC for mobile reading. Throw in touch screen and a $330.00 price tag and I am sold.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko73 View Post
I will be happy with the Sipix A9 if its as good as the vizplex V3 screen. Sure an improvment in screen refresh / contrast would be good but I think the main difference is the robustness of the Sipix. It sounds like it can take alot more pressure with no breakage. Plus 1024 x 768 will liberate a truckload of PDFs from my PC for mobile reading. Throw in touch screen and a $330.00 price tag and I am sold.
I am not sure how much more rugged it will be. While the SiPix site talks about all plastic construction the new crop of SiPix technology screens currently shown as CES will be glass backed like the E-Ink screens are. It seems that putting plastic backing into production is much harder than it would appear.

Dale
Old 02-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #14
Nikko73
Enthusiast

Videos

I just wanted to post a few links to videos of the A6 & A9 (apparently taken at CES 2010). Quite a few reputable sites reported that new Jinke readers were renders only, and did not actually exist. A few people suggested that they would never appear. These videos obviously contradict those viewpoints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtzrhHNvnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcYZ0dWpdLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGmUijTrGdg

The general consensus that the Sipix screen (versus Visplex E-ink) looks a bit darker, and the blacks a bit blacker seems to be the case.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #15
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
A6/A9 is no Waporware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko73 View Post
Quite a few reputable sites reported that new Jinke readers were renders only, and did not actually exist. A few people suggested that they would never appear.
Those sites don't seem so "reputable" now!
The photo was taken at CES 2010 in the first week of January
Watch the proof of the real thing at The new a6/a9 is no Waporware

Or perhaps the "reputable sites" could argue that the people in the photo are holding a 3D render?

Source: The man holding the device in his own hands, Juan Gonzalez de la Cámara, General Manager of GRAMMATA (Spanish HANLIN OEM distibutor)
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote