Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #1681
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Re: 40code, I've bought 7 books so far this month.

Re: problems with Kobo downloads, it's only happened to me once, but phone is the only way to go. Email was painful, and took about 10 replies to even start to get anywhere. [ie one of the first things they do in email is explain to you how to use ADE, stuff like that, which is obviously not helpful if you've already downloaded 100+ books!]
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #1682
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Re: 40code, I've bought 7 books so far this month.

Re: problems with Kobo downloads, it's only happened to me once, but phone is the only way to go. Email was painful, and took about 10 replies to even start to get anywhere. [ie one of the first things they do in email is explain to you how to use ADE, stuff like that, which is obviously not helpful if you've already downloaded 100+ books!]
I also downloaded a DRM book yesterday using the 40code without any probs but thats on Kobo UK....cheers to GOAT.

Kobo CS do seem to get the wrong end of the stick too often when you complain about something. But if you keep at it you can usually get a result

In the past I've had a problem with 2 books that wouldn't download and the problem seemed to be on the server at the book "wholesaler".
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #1683
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I'm not sure to understand what you mean? Did you buy a book on Smashwords by using Kobobooks?
That seems interesting anyway
I think the answer to your question is 'yes' .

I found the books on Smashwords, then checked the Kobo bookstore to buy them and applied the Kobo coupon. Same list price as on Smashwords, but then 40% off at the end with the coupon (and I assume the author gets the same royalties no matter what I pay.) This seems to only work for titles that are at least a few months old. I then manually downloaded the titles using the 'download' link, and that link pulled directly from Smashwords.

Just in case its not common knowledge I'll try to spell it out simply: Check to see if the book is at Kobobooks.com before you buy from Smashwords, Kobo mirrors Smashwords titles and they are couponable!

Last edited by artifact; 01-15-2013 at 02:48 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #1684
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
I found the books on Smashwords, then checked the Kobo bookstore to buy them and applied the Kobo coupon. Same list price as on Smashwords, but then 40% off at the end with the coupon (and I assume the author gets the same royalties no matter what I pay.) This seems to only work for titles that are at least a few months old. I then manually downloaded the titles using the 'download' link, and that link pulled directly from Smashwords.
Okey dokey, it's cristal clear now
I'll try to check next time.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #1685
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
I wouldn't make that assumption. It would depend on the deal the author has.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #1686
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I've been able to buy books with the codes from this thread, my thanks to those who post them.

Where do these codes come from? I've had a lot of emails from Kobo recommending books for me to buy since I got my ereader about 6 weeks ago, but have yet to see any offer of a discount.
Geoff here are links to the offering companies of the immediate past and current voucher codes:

Bargainmoose40

VoucherCodes40

When people post a new code I usually ask them for the details of where they got it, and then I put the info into Evernote, and periodically check to see if there's any new ones.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #1687
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks Lynx-lynx! :-)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #1688
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
Please... mark this thread as 'Dangerous'...
My TBR-pile keeps growing, and even more since I discovered that Kobo carries quite a lot of Dutch titles, and on every single one I tried I could use a discount code...
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #1689
ladybugh
Enthusiast
ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladybugh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Sage and Elipsa
Here are two 10% discount codes that I don't need:

10% OFF: mFN3NdG
10% OFF: DEPBECF
ladybugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #1690
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Two codes I don't need:

10% - zbzfILA
10% - dRsjDYM
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #1691
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Kobo closed the trivia contest due to technical difficulties. Was anyone having problems with the contest?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #1692
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Kobo closed the trivia contest due to technical difficulties. Was anyone having problems with the contest?
I had major issues with it; one time the page would load but become unresponsive, upon refresh it would say the page cannot be found etc. I'm not surprised they shut it down.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #1693
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I've tried a couple of times today, but getting the same error.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #1694
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Get 30% off these great eBooks!

PROMO CODE: GrantaSave30
Hurry! Sale ends January 21, 2013

http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Grant...an18PSUPblueUK
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #1695
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Get 30% off these great eBooks!

PROMO CODE: GrantaSave30
Hurry! Sale ends January 21, 2013

http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Grant...an18PSUPblueUK
But don't forget that VoucherCodes40 will get you 40% off those books, not 30%. And lasts until 31st January!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals