Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
jerrry94087
Enthusiast
jerrry94087 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Touch
All annotations are gone: how to recover them?

I was reading an epub book on my rooted nook (revision 1.2.1). I added many annotations to some words in a book. Then I mounted the sdcard to add another epub for some other book. Now all annotations are gone and not displayed in a book any more, and nook also forgot the page I was on.

After some troubleshooting, I found that nook stores annotations in the SqLite database /data/data/com.bn.nook.reader.activities/databases/annotations.db in the table "annotations". And they are still there, in "annotations" table. epub still has the same path as stored in "annotations" table. But annotations aren't displayed any more.

How to make annotations display again? What might be a problem with them?
jerrry94087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
Joydeck
Joydeck began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrry94087 View Post
I was reading an epub book on my rooted nook ... Now all annotations are gone and not displayed in a book any more, and nook also forgot the page I was on.
It's happened to me a number of times, and probably in different circumstances. Very frustrating. I would ask the question in the xda forum.

After rooting my Nook, I persevered with the stock e-reader for a few months before moving to CoolReader, which can be configured to look and behave in a very similar way to the stock e-reader. I've had no problems since, and integration with offline Wiki, through the Aard Dictionary, is truly wonderful.
Joydeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
annotations