Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #46
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Oddly, they didn't have me sign up for any special sort of account that I could use to give the store a cut of any ebooks I purchase from Kobo -- I thought that was the whole point of the ABA program, but oh well.
It isn't necessary to sign up for a special account if you buy your Kobo from an independent bookstore. The Kobo ID is registered to the bookstore and any purchases made will result in a credit going to the bookstore.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #47
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
It isn't necessary to sign up for a special account if you buy your Kobo from an independent bookstore. The Kobo ID is registered to the bookstore and any purchases made will result in a credit going to the bookstore.
If you create your Kobo account on the storebought device, that account is "affiliated", and revenue is kicked back whether you buy your Kobo titles on the web or the device.

If you create your Kobo account via a custom link from the store's website to Kobo, using a custom URL which sends the store's ABA number as a parameter, that account is "affiliated", and revenue is kicked back whether you buy your Kobo titles on the web or the device.

If you buy a Kobo title on the storebought device, that purchase is "affiliated", but if the Kobo account you are using already existed, there was (I think) SUPPOSED to be a way to affiliate the existing Kobo account so that ALL purchases (even web ones) result in revenue for the store.

But I am not aware of any way to affiliate an EXISTING Kobo account in this way.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #48
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
You can find the Kobo Glo in USA via http://www.indiebound.org/ebooks
(thanks to oj829 )
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #49
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
That's actually the one thing I'd like a definite answer to. I have an existing Kobo account that I have quite a few books in. I realize I can import them into the reader in other ways anyway, I'd just rather affiliate my current account with the new reader and still be able to give my local bookstore a "cut" of the books I purchase in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post

But I am not aware of any way to affiliate an EXISTING Kobo account in this way.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #50
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I would be willing to bet that affiliating an existing kobo account would require a call to Kobo Customer Service. This is just an educated guess though.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert