Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
'Percentage Read' Display Error & Lost Bookmark

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with their wifi Kobo displaying the wrong % of their book that they are reading.

I've had two separate issues:

1. When I am reading a book and my device goes into sleep mode, the book cover is displayed with only '1%' read (even though I am half-way through the book). The % read is correct on the 'Books I am reading' list, however.

2. I read the first 20 - 30 pages of a book, and after 'sleeping' and then switching to read another book, the Kobo lost my spot and went back to the beginning - and now says 1% read in the 'Books I am reading' list.

Anyone else experience issues with bookmarks or % read messages on their new Kobos?

Thanks!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have had similar things, but I have found that when I actually open the books the right bookmark is there.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I have found on a Gutenberg e-book that it never seems to change from 1% on the cover or I'm reading list. Bookmark seems to work fine though. Other books % works fine. Likely something with the way different e-books are put together.
Robert
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:32 AM   #4
MikeLC
Chapter/Indigo Employee
MikeLC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo iPhone, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch Ereader
could be an issue with the current firmware I'd suggest messaging or posting this to the Kobo Dev's and CSR's that post on this forum so that they know this is happening and can make changes for future firmware updates.
MikeLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:55 AM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
will usually see things like this with sideloaded books only; haven't seen it with purchased books from kobobooks yet.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 02:56 AM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyke View Post
will usually see things like this with sideloaded books only; haven't seen it with purchased books from kobobooks yet.
The percentage read problem is on library books.

The lost bookmark was on a book purchased on my PC at kobobooks.com and then loaded onto my Kobo.

Are you saying this shouldn't be a problem with books downloaded directly to the Kobo via WiFi?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
gregst7
gregst7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
My Kobo is losing bookmarks with library books when I power it off.
gregst7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #8
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
as mentioned, this is a known problem with sideloaded books - ie, any book that is loaded onto the kobo via Adobe digital edition, or non-drm books that are manually loaded onto the kobo. It does not affect books that are synced wirelessly or that are synced via the kobo application. The problem seems to be, from what I can tell, an issue with the kobo not saving the a book mark until you exit the book. If you shut off the kobo before closing a book, or immediately after, the kobo sometimes will not have had enough time to record your place to memory. two things you can try doing is exit the book, and go back into it then turn it off, or exit the book, wait half a minute, then turn it off.

The SQL versions of the books seem to keep place with every page change which is why we usually won't see this issue here.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote