Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
TomTeaPack
Tom
TomTeaPack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Does Calibre support the Kindle FIRE?

Simple Question, will the Kindle Fire be able to connect to Caliber, orwill we have to wait for an update?
TomTeaPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not support any device before it is released. in the case of the Kindle Fire there is no guarantee that it will be supported even after it is released, it depends on what sort of capabilities it has.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
bobcoss
bobcoss began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle II, Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire and Calibre

Hi,

I got my Fire today, and of course the first thing I wanted to do was put some books from my Calibre Library on it.

I use Ubuntu 11.10, and Ubuntu recognized the device as an external disk just fine. This is the same behavior I saw with my Kindle II.

Calibre however doesn't recognize it currently.

The good news is that I was able to copy books using the copy mobi to disk option. I copied the book into the books folder.

Bob
bobcoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=1#post1834199
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote