Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Kobo Not Shipping Vox Till Nov. 7th Now...

At least, that's what the email said that I just got:

Due to overwhelming demand, we are sorry to inform you that your order of the Kobo Vox™ eReader will not ship until November 7, 2011.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and as thanks for your loyalty to Kobo, we'd like to extend an offer of 25% off any selected book from the following list.

Use discount code: vox25oct28
Expiry: Nov 4th, 2011

Thank you again for your patience. We know you'll love the Kobo Vox™ eReader as much as we do.

I am very happy that I cancelled my order with them and bought my Vox locally!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch, retired Sony PR300
I haven't gotten that email. I ordered my Vox on the second day of preorders hopefully that means I will ship on Monday or Tuesday this week.
shannont is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Just go pickup one in store if you want it right now.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
KJS21
KJS21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I ordered mine the first day about 4:00pm (EST) and my order still says pending. No new emails since with any delays. So I am hoping mine will be shipped tomorrow. I went to Chapters and played with Demo and really liked it. If i don't have any new update I will just go buy one.
KJS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
This is strange. I ordered my jet black one on the 27th, it was shipped on the 28th and it's scheduled to be delivered November 1st or 2nd. Could location or colour make a difference?
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
could be moolyn. I am in Philadelphia and I have not heard a peep maybe it is location driven. I also ordered a blue one. I ordered the evening of October 20th . The day after announcement.
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Location specific kind of makes sense. None of the Best Buys here (Midwest U.S.) even have demos yet. Am I right to assume most of the people who've received or picked up a Vox are Canadians?
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Yup. It's in store. One of the Chapters folk say there's an update being released on Nov 2, too. We'll see.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
KJS21
KJS21 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Moolyn...did you order yours through Kobo? I ordered a blue one and I noticed they seemed to have sold out first at Future Shop when you look online. Very strange.
KJS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #10
shannont
Connoisseur
shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.shannont has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I ordered direct from Kobo.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I ordered a black one from Frys and it is due for delivery Tuesday.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
shannont
Connoisseur

I haven't gotten this email from KOBO yet, so I am hoping to that mine is shipping very soon. I ordered from KOBO the day after the Vox was released.

The good news though is that I was able to use the coupon code and buy a book I've been wanting that was over $16 ... the 25% off was really nice. Thanks KOBO!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #13
shannont
Connoisseur

p.s. I don't think the book I ordered was from the list.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #14
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Location specific kind of makes sense. None of the Best Buys here (Midwest U.S.) even have demos yet. Am I right to assume most of the people who've received or picked up a Vox are Canadians?

Yep, Canadian here... I got mine at BestBuy in Montréal last Saturday
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
A very nice lady at the phone help desk cancelled my preorder and I went to Future Shop to buy mine. Mine should have gone out on the 28th (order #96) but somehow did not.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote