Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
mikeage
mikeage began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Any Chinese eReaders worth buying to replace a broken K2?

Hi All,

My beloved Kindle 2 recently died; one of my children stepped on the screen. Although the pricing on the K3 is great, I'm not in the US, and to buy it locally would add another $100+ in taxes and duties; it's not worth $250 for me.

However, I'm currently in Shenzhen, China, on a business trip, and will be here for another few weeks. I'm wondering if there are any locally made readers that someone can recommend as a suitable replacement; I'm looking to pay about 100-150 USD for something of comparable specs; eink (hopefully Pearl), MOBI or ePUB support (PDF not req'd), decent storage and battery life, USB. Wifi, 3G, or color are not required, and I don't care about storage if there's an external slot for MicroSD (I've got literally a dozen 2GB MicroSD cards laying around...)

Thanks
mikeage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Fortissimo
Connoisseur
Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650BC)
Found this recently, A kindle-like ereader from Delyca, loaded with all sorts

http://www.delyca.com/index/viewArticle.php?id=1122

Seems a pretty decent, multifunctional reader (at least on paper). Plus it looks like a kindle, which you may like.
But apparently, some resellers e.g. Prestigio, remove some functionality from the reader, perhaps to make less expensive.

Here is a review here.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...rs-to-line-up/

And you may want to check this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130569
Fortissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert