Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Html import broken in 0.7.25 - ok to rollback?

Tried out the latest version just now, and every time I import an html file rather than using the original file name for the title etc after importing it gives it a title name in calibre like:
calibre 0.7.25 im05wy plugin html2zip

This is a pain as if you dragged multiple html files in at once you have to go through each zip to find out what the real file is to then change the Calibre entry.

Is it safe to rollback to the 0.7.24 version of Calibre after having installed 0.7.25? Just making sure there is not backwards compatibility issues.

Thanks.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Upgraded too, imported html files and didn't got the file name you mentioned.
It was just ok and the same as before.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
Upgraded too, imported html files and didn't got the file name you mentioned.
It was just ok and the same as before.
same here
Win XP SP3
HTML (in a zip) import

Now
Conversions from TXT have some pretty long-ugly names:

temp_calibre_txt_input_to_html.html

But it has been that way for a long time (Calibre changes scale )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just uploaded 0.7.26 with a fix for this (and another) bug.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
N13L5
tenjooberrymuds
N13L5 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
your speed of updates and fixing is really awesome!

I'm just wondering about one thing, maybe this doesn't really concern that many people, but my connection is sucky and as of today, my download of version 7.25 was still creeping along for the last 2 days, now at 37%... Given that you update faster than I can download, I'm wondering if there's a possibility to download differential patches instead of the full 30MB each time?
N13L5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Maintaining differential patches is too much work for me, I'm afraid.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by N13L5 View Post
your speed of updates and fixing is really awesome!

I'm just wondering about one thing, maybe this doesn't really concern that many people, but my connection is sucky and as of today, my download of version 7.25 was still creeping along for the last 2 days, now at 37%... Given that you update faster than I can download, I'm wondering if there's a possibility to download differential patches instead of the full 30MB each time?
You're downloading two days for a ~30 MB file and get only to 37%? That's not a sucky connection, that's as good as no connection.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by N13L5 View Post
f there's a possibility to download differential patches instead of the full 30MB each time?
If you set up to run Calibre from source, then Bazaar will download only the differential. I run that way all the time. You may need to do the full install occasionally, but most of the time a quick update takes me only 30 seconds. See here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...%20environment
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote