Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 AM   #61
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I can't decide to use my last vote to second Horror or nominate Fantasy/Splatterpunk.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can't decide to use my last vote to second Horror or nominate Fantasy/Splatterpunk.
Now you of all should know that Fantasy/Splatterpunk do not go together. That would be a waste of a nomination to even attempt it.

That's like saying that The Hobbit is the same as (or goes with) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #63
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, iDevices, others
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
How about nominating Horror/Fantasy/Splatterpunk?
jemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemc View Post
How about nominating Horror/Fantasy/Splatterpunk?
Fantasy doesn't belong in there. But Horror/Splatterpunk would fit fine together. But as we've seen in the past, most people are too scared to vote for a book that might be even the remotes bit scarey.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #65
jemc
Quietly Lurking...
jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jemc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Fantasy doesn't belong in there. But Horror/Splatterpunk would fit fine together. But as we've seen in the past, most people are too scared to vote for a book that might be even the remotes bit scarey.
No. Sorry. I prefer all my books to be in the Horror/Fantasy/Splatterpunk/Romance/Humour genre.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
No. Sorry. I prefer all my books to be in the Horror/Fantasy/Splatterpunk/Romance/Humour genre.
We'll just give you the Free-for-All category. That would work best.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #67
jemc
Quietly Lurking...

Quote:
We'll just give you the Free-for-All category. That would work best.
Nope. That won't work either. That would allow in books from the Horror/Sci Fi/Splatterpunk/Romance/Humour genre. Can't have that.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #68
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
And the main character must be a Penguin/Frog.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #69
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
How about horror/romance?
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #70
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post

Some real life romances turn out pretty horrible in the end.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, there is zombie-romance.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Romance is already a horror to read.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #73
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Romance is already a horror to read.
Agree! That's why I thought of the combo.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #74
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
I thought I had a fanfic to recommend to you, but it doesn't have enough violence to be splatterpunk. Sorry. But if you'll go for Horror/Fantasy/Erotica/Romance/Humour, I can get you something to read.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #75
jemc
Quietly Lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I thought I had a fanfic to recommend to you, but it doesn't have enough violence to be splatterpunk. Sorry. But if you'll go for Horror/Fantasy/Erotica/Romance/Humour, I can get you something to read.
Sure!