Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 AM   #1
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre and ITunes

Is there any way to stop Calibre from "getting list of books on device"? I have more than 6,500 books in itunes and this step takes more than half an hour when I only want to add 2 books!
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufff View Post
Is there any way to stop Calibre from "getting list of books on device"? I have more than 6,500 books in itunes and this step takes more than half an hour when I only want to add 2 books!
And here I thought I had a lot of books. What did you do... a partial mirror of Gutenberg?

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
And here I thought I had a lot of books. What did you do... a partial mirror of Gutenberg?

- M.
Pretty much!
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pufff View Post
See the first post in 'Calibre + iPad: Start here' for instructions on how to create an enhancement request.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
@pufff, I've made a revision in the driver which should improve cover caching performance. If you want to test it, create a ticket including your OS, then I'll respond with instructions on how to patch the updated driver into your copy of calibre.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert