Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: The Sony Reader is available for order. Did you order it already?
Yes! 24 46.15%
No. 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #46
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
At least it's going to be out in the Wild soon and they have stock in the Warehouse. Hopefully someone on ebay will be flogging them soon.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Guys, don't forget our photo gallery. I want lot's of nice pictures when you unwrap your new baby!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #48
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Woo hoo! Just ordered mine from the internal Sony store. Go discounts ;-) I hope they still have stock, though, with all the crazy MobileReaders buying theirs...
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 PM   #49
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Stuart
That would be consonant with regional DRM, since it would not be implemented yet.
What I was trying to say is that I figured there may be some ... discussion going on internally on the matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Stuart
A list of questions they would not answer would be almost as interesting, as the ones they did answer.
Oy. I didn't write down everything I asked! I'm not even sure I could generate a significant fraction of such a list.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #50
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I CAN'T order it! Change the poll!

Interesting: still no mail from Sony. Click - update me is still on product presentation page.
We wants one in Europe too!

Sony Connect store is still not online.

Last edited by mitja_i; 09-26-2006 at 03:29 PM.
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2006, 03:35 PM   #51
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle
Woo hoo! Just ordered mine from the internal Sony store... I hope they still have stock, though, with all the crazy MobileReaders buying theirs...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #52
mitja_i
Enthusiast
mitja_i began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Find a Retailer link is displaying Model Number:PRS500U2
U2?
mitja_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 PM   #53
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitja_i
Find a Retailer link is displaying Model Number:PRS500U2
U2?
Retailer's internal item numbering maybe?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:50 PM   #54
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Sony Connect store is still not online.
Since it (Sony Connect Store) will work with the SW shipped with the reader (and books bought would be useless w/o the reader and SW), perhaps just a browser will not work? Just a thought, maybe wrong, one would certainly think a browser would work and it does work for the link to the $50 book credit, which has an ebooks connect store URL. Odd, and NatCh below is right, if they wanna promote the reader, they need to let folks w/o one browse the store...

In any case, we should know as soon as the first of us gets their unit. Probably
someone in CA, although I am in OR so if it should ship on Wed, I may get it by Friday.

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

Last edited by CCDMan; 09-26-2006 at 04:00 PM.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #55
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
Since it (Sony Connect store) will work with the SW shipped with the reader (and books bought would be useless w/o the reader and/or SW), perhaps just a browser will not work?
I may remember (I didn't write it down) a comment to the effect that you'd be able to browse the store via the internet to see the contents, but not be able to buy. So that you can see if they have stuff you want before you buy the Reader.

Do not hold me to that one, though, because I could very easily be mis-remembering.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #56
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Said this on another thread but I just called up the Sony Store by the Pentagon where I pass to go to work every morning and they told be it would be in store on Oct 1st. That's 5 days so guess where I'm going to be Sun morning.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #57
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
Not sure if it was posted already, but looks like we'll get
"$50.00 Towards Purchases of eBooks With Sony© Reader Purchase and Registration Offer"

Which is not bad, if you ask me

Also, buying eReader we're doing another good thing

Last edited by Slava; 09-26-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #58
Frogsmasha
Connoisseur
Frogsmasha began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Guys, don't forget our photo gallery. I want lot's of nice pictures when you unwrap your new baby!!
Isn't it our baby?
Frogsmasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #59
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsmasha
Isn't it our baby?
Heh, I think once it's been delivered, we will all act like jealous mothers and fathers not sharing the baby with anyone.

But yes, I'll have my photos too.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 PM   #60
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Book Covers

Question for those in the know. I ordered the "Pink" cover as stated on the store site, but on all other sites today everyone has refered to it being "Red".
I guess I should call Sony to find out. I have been so excited today! Such a long wait.

Dr. E. Hage
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote