Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #196
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yeah i seem to average more like 500...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #197
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I can easily blow 2k words out in a day... but I can not write every day... so my average maybe be like 100 a day
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #198
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've spent most of this week doing a second full editing pass through Growing Up Stories. I have a half-dozen more pieces/chapters to review this morning/day. I've been adding a few images to some of the chapters, will review that and placement etc. today as well then put it aside again for the weekend or the week. I added a few hundred words in the editing process so far and I feel the book is in much better shape, but certainly will need at least one more pass before I feel it's 'done' (not that anything is ever done, but moreso with writing than with art )
Old 10-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #199
kennyc

I think I'm done with Growing Up Stories. I just did a third edit pass and fixed a couple of typos and reworded a few things. Trying to get it out of the way before Nanowrimo which I think I'm going to try but will focus on quality not just quantity.

I've been thinking/working on the story I have in mind for Nano and I'm sure it can work at novel length, but I don't have a very detailed plan....we'll see what the next two days bring.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #200
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Fairies and Fireflies is at my proofreader's now. Art should come early November. I have a cover that will do, if I have to, but I'm hoping the artist for Dragons and Dreams will answer my email and do the cover for F&F as well, so it will all look like a series.

I have one more story to write for Quests and Fairy Queens, and then that will go out to beta readers - I'm hoping in December, and with luck I'll be able to release it in January (my target) or February. again, much depends on art and cover art.

I never intended to write much more than Dragons and Dreams - it was supposed to be a one-shot for my mom and my kids (and my ego)... I'm not sure where all the new stories are coming from. I guess my doctor changing my meds may have had something to do with it.
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #201
kennyc

Excellent Becca! Wonderful progress! I say go with inspiration, no matter the source!
Old 10-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #202
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm going to a NaNoWriMo write-in at a friend's house, and maybe can get that one last story for Quests written - I've got it mostly plotted, I just can't find the right voice for it. I've been reading a lot of classic fairy tales, hoping to find the voice, but Butterfly-Fairy keeps whispering in my ear, and ruining the whole effect.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #203
morriss003
Evangelist
morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morriss003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'd say I accomplished my goals this year, although I have tasks not goals. I epublished Surviving the Fog-Kathy's Recollections, I contributed a story called The Qrim Barbarian to a Goodreads/Smashwords group of writers who published an anthology titled, Wyrd Worlds, and I wrote about 80K words of short stories. I'm going to collect those and publish them in a book form.
Right now I'm in Roswell, New Mexico, visiting family and doing research for The Beautiful Alien Nerd. All in all, a good year.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #204
kennyc

Tasks, goals, why quibble?

Excellent work Stan!

I'd love to check out your stories, pm me or post a link in the self promotion section, if you haven't already and I missed it eh?

P.S. I found the Kathy book at amazon...ah and Wyrd Worlds as well....

Last edited by kennyc; 11-05-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:22 AM   #205
xxxxxx
xxxxxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Why not just consider them to be your 1st critics?
it was funny
Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #206
kennyc

Well my schizophrenic muse is at it again. I've accomplished virtually no writing this month (was similar last year) but overall for the year am much ahead of last year in that I've managed to publish three books in three genres (poetry, memoir, science) as well as a number of smaller works which I continue to market or have posted on my blogs.

So with the frustration of not writing my muse has dragged me back to drawing. I'm currently working on a pencil drawing that has been sitting sketched in my files from more than a year ago and it has been about that long since I've picked up a pencil. It's going well so far, but I'm only just starting and getting the eyes and fingers back up to speed.....

If the writing bug strikes then I will write, but otherwise....

Last edited by kennyc; 11-26-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #207
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Lost Tales of Power Volume V: The Sac'a'rith is released. That gives me 6 books out now (5+ box set of first 4), and a short story to be released.

Now to start thinking about 2014 I guess!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #208
kennyc

Congrats! Yes 2014!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #209
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Woo-hoo, VydorScope!!!

Real life has intruded a couple of times, but two of my projects are getting close. I'm most of the way done with a short story, but it's longer and more involved than anything I've attempted so far. I probably won't finish it in the next few weeks, but I expect it won't take too much longer.

And I have an idea for a quick story in the sub-2000 word range. That may be something I try to work out in spare moments while rushing around for the holidays.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #210
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I want to get my 5th novel out, and at least 50 new articles on my primary blog site.

Found my goal post... Nailed it to the wall! Both goals accomplished.
Closed Thread