Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #136
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@jackr - Accept-Encoding=gzip is an HTTP protocol parameter used down inside the system when it's getting web pages from sites. It's an internal thing that you don't need to worry about.

Missing fimfic stories now handled correctly. It still errors, but at least it's a StoryDoesNotExist error now.

Wow--password per story? That's a new one. I did not know fimfic did that. I've tried to implement it using the user/pass mechanism. If it doesn't work, can you give me a story and it's password? That would help (PM would be fine).

Ah. Oops. The datePublished error is a mistake--the 'fix' for empty stories broke stories with an earlier start date. My bad. Wait, no it didn't--it revealed another, different bug. So, yay, I guess?

As for http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5947/, not sure what to say--it still works for me. I suggest doing an 'Overwrite always' on that one and see if that works. Or an 'Add New', if you're paranoid.

v1.5.4 is up on the original beta post.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...85#post1982785

Thanks for your help figuring these out.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-29-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #137
jackr
Connoisseur
jackr has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook STR, Pocket eDGe
Yup overwriting the story fixed the issue, whatever it was . The password lock is rather new for me too. I will see if I can place a dummy story on the site and lock it, as I don't know any passwords to the ones that are locked.

Update:
I created a locked story on fimfiction, I will PM you with the details.
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #138
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting. If you see the newsrc problem again, I'll probably need a copy of the offending epub to track it down. Hopefully it was just an issue with the different beta versions that won't crop up again.

Locked story works for me, but I want to change the password dialog a bit so people aren't using their account user/pass.

I assume the other issues were all resolved.

Again, thanks for your help.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #139
jackr
Connoisseur

Ah the error messages are much more legible now . I didn't encounter the newsrc error again.

As for individual story passwords, of the locked stories I have in my Calibre, I downloaded before the author locked them. By the looks of it, fimfiction is set up so an author can lock away their story if they feel it needs revision or whatever else. I think having a setting to disable password prompt for stories that don't have a defined password would be excellent.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #140
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Good suggestion.

v1.5.5 is up on the original beta post.
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #141
jeaterod
Member Retired
jeaterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza
can you add http://www.adultfanfiction.net to the downloadable?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #142
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@jeaterod - Sorry, I'm not touching a site with that much legal warning on it.

http://anime2.adultfanfiction.net/form_adult.php
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #143
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Okay, hopefully this really is the last beta version for this round.

v1.5.6 add 'Include images in EPUBs' checkbox

If nobody's reported any problems with it by this evening(4-5 hours from now), I'll put it out for everyone.

Thanks to everyone who's been helping test this.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #144
jackr
Connoisseur

This has only happened occasionally, and it might be something to do more with Calibre itself perhaps, but when I go to update fanfics and the process is on the 'Downloading metadata for stories' window, sometimes the process will stop and disappear when I go an load other windows.

I think it might be happening because I have set Calibre to be appear as an icon next to my clock. I noticed that the plugin will sometimes freeze and flash away and back between each story for metadata downloading. So maybe during that brief window, Calibre decides it can go in the background?

It's not a big thing, has only happened about 2 or 3 times now. And it seems to occur most during the beginning of the download process.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #145
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@jackr - I've never tried the system tray feature of calibre before.

I bet that you tried to minimize calibre to the system tray.

If I click the calibre system tray icon to hide calibre while it's downloading metadata, it aborts the plugin as if I'd clicked the close button on the progress bar.

I see the same behavior from Generate Cover, so I expect any in-progress action that can be cancelled, will be. Copying from one library to another doesn't get cancelled, but neither does it cancel when you click it's close button.

So I'm going to call it a general calibre behavior. I think being able to abort the download is more important than hiding to system tray.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #146
jackr
Connoisseur

I had a feeling it was more of a Calibre thing. And I probably did try to minimize without thinking. So far the plugin is working solid.

Is it possible to combine the cover with the jacket inside the epub? Like having it between the title/author and other metadata/summary? Or would that not work with the jacket containing just metadata info?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #147
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

EPUB best practices say that the cover image has to be just an image. There's already a very nice Generate Cover plugin that will create an image with title, etc on it. And you can choose '{Current Cover}' to combine with the existing cover image.

Does that help you any?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #148
jeaterod
Member Retired
jeaterod began at the beginning.

Device: iphone-stanza
aww thats bs legal warning tho... guess ill just have to keep using flagfic to get downloads from that site

Last edited by jeaterod; 03-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #149
jackr
Connoisseur

I will find a way to make do, thanks for the reply . I hope that epub evolves a little in the future, I just find this idea so appealing for some reason : http://i42.tinypic.com/qxm3uw.png
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #150
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Hmm. I guess I didn't understand what you were asking for.

Inserting the cover image into the title page isn't unreasonable. Not in tonight's release, but I'll look into it.
Closed Thread