Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #151
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You don't have to restart. Just force close the Kindle app and it will add the new books. If you use the dropbox app you can export the books to folder you want without using a File Manager.

I agree though I wish it was alot more simpler than that. The only good thing about 6.3 is the force close trick. I no longer have File Expert on my KF because I just use force close instead.

The PDoc service is what is mostly buggy. White covers, doesn't sync from Kindle to Fire and bookmarks formatting issues. Still I use it mostly due to having other Kindles I need to sync with.
Thanks for the Dropbox/restart tips. I had forgotten the details of that as I have not been using my Fire lately (since the KT 5.1 update). I'm still waiting for Amazon to fix PDoc service so it supports KF8, then I'll worry about White Covers.

I finally got around to trying something I thought of a few weeks ago: installing Kindle for Android on my Fire. My thought was that it would register .mobi and offer to open those file attachments, downloads etc., and just do what we would like it to. Unfortunately it thinks Kindle is System Application and offers to replace the built in Kindle reader. I was not curious enough to say 'Yes' to see what happens.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #152
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
DON'T INSTALL THE KINDLE APP!!!! You can read about this in other posts. It will mess up quite a few things on your kindle and the only way to restore your system app is to do a full system update.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #153
Roger Bush
Roger Bush began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Copying Ebooks to kindle fire BOOKS folder

Guys, don't take any notice of anything that everyone says about correctly copying ebooks to the kindle fire hd BOOKS folder, instead of the DOCUMENTS folder. This is the solution using calibre. Before converting your ebook to MOBI, connect your kindle to usb port. On top line of calibre options, click on arrow next to "device". Click on "configure device". Read down to where it says "documents, books, kindle" (calibre will send your book to the first folder).

Delete document so that BOOKS is the first folder. Calibre will then send your ebook to the kindle BOOKS folder everytime without fail.

Say thankyou, Guys.
Roger Bush is offline   Reply With Quote