Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #9841
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
My first post, it's a pity all the worthy discounts seem to be finished, the books in my wishlist are Penguin books, so no couponable neither in US nor in UK. I was able to grab a couple of coupons last month from here, but I wasn't able to get any discount myself worth posting here. Today I finally got a good discount, so enjoy!
75% discount: A7JT64
Congrats on first post! And, thanks for posting the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalana View Post
Way to pack a punch with 1 post.
So true!
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #9842
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:
My first post, it's a pity all the worthy discounts seem to be finished, the books in my wishlist are Penguin books, so no couponable neither in US nor in UK. I was able to grab a couple of coupons last month from here, but I wasn't able to get any discount myself worth posting here. Today I finally got a good discount, so enjoy!
I didn't even get a single code above 40% lol. All I can say is this contest sucks.

Like many others, I didn't get most of the books I wanted because they are non-discountable. I did manage to buy a few discountable books from the UK site, since a number of them were not available on the US or CA site. I still have many books left on my wishlist, but I am not too terribly inclined to check out new books and expand the wishlist right now. It's funny how I had gotten used to 55% and above codes considering that I once thought 30-40% was a pretty good deal before discovering the contest and this thread about 2 months ago!
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #9843
ChandaK562
Connoisseur
ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
If you get a book that doesn't have a download link, does that mean it's one you need to download in the Kobo app? I'm sorry if this is a repeat question, but it's the first time I've gotten a book with this issue and I'm not sure if I need to contact customer service or use the app.
ChandaK562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #9844
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
@Chanda yes it usually means that you've bought a kepub formatted book.

If you open the Kobo Desktop for PC it should be there,and then you can sync your device.

Alternately download it via a Kobo app on say a tablet.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #9845
ChandaK562
Connoisseur
ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChandaK562 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

If you open the Kobo Desktop for PC it should be there,and then you can sync your device.

Okay, I thought so. The Kobo Desktop doesn't work on the system version I have running, so unless someone knows where I can find a version to work on 10.6 of Mac, I'll have to go with the tablet app. But this is the first book I've had the problem with, so I'm just pleased with that.

Chanda
ChandaK562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 01:11 AM   #9846
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
Since I was able to use the coupons I've bought 20 books so far, although a bunch of the books I would buy aren't discountable or else weren't available on Kobo. But I mostly 5 of the Honor Harrington Series, 4 from the Liaden series, and 4 from the Galaxy Unknown series, and a couple other Space opera books.
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:40 AM   #9847
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I haven't bought any books either; haven't even used the 75er I personally got.
It's all because the books on my wishlist are all Gollancz and Gateway.
I have few quids in my account from the last time I bought a gift card for myself, but these contest codes don't work in India store anymore as you all know.
I did check this code: Comeback3cl86, and it works on Gollancz/Gateway books in India, but it's only 35% off, so I decided to wait for another SAV50 or higher. I'm in no hurry, I have plenty of books to read, from the lot I bought on the last contest.
I don't read much compared to some people here, as I'm on my 20th book this year, with around 7000 pages as you can see from my sig. I know some people here that have finished that much at the end of January this year. It's not like I have a book habit to feed on a scale they do, so I naturally spend less money than them.

Also I want to thank you all for Karma. Sorry I don't have the patience to respond individually to everyone's profiles.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #9848
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I never got anything over 35% so many thanks to everyone who posted codes.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #9849
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When switching to India, can one use PayPal?
you can if you first select paypal, and then select India. Not that I have ever done it, of course...
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #9850
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
You might want to check to see if some of those Penguin books are couponable in the UK. While I was trying to find *something* on my wishlist to use the 75% off codes for, I noticed that two books I checked that are from Penguin imprints were discount eligible - DAW and Ace (both science fiction Penguin imprints) - but a Penguin Classic book was not. YMMV
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #9851
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
No, no paypal option in India, but you can use a gift card.
I ran into a problem trying to use a gift card on the India store on Monday. It may have been due to the change in the way they handle gift cards between the old store/checkout and the new.

When it appeared that the general use codes were disappearing, I went to my Kobo-India account because I was afraid of getting stuck with a gift card that I'd have to use on full-price books. I noticed that the India store had gone to the newer checkout where you enter your payment information on the first page and the discount code on the second page. On the old store, you registered a gift card and the balance was available for future purchases. With the new store, my gift card was converted to a store credit. This caused a problem where, although I had enough credit to buy a book after the discount, it wouldn't let me past the first page because my credit wouldn't cover the entire cost of the book before the discount.

I didn't want to enter a credit card, because I didn't want to trigger a fraud alert when an inquiry came from a foreign country. Finally I tried a pre-paid Visa debit card I got as a rebate on some software and was able to use that to purchase two books to almost use up my store credit.

How do gift cards work on the new store? I see that there's a place to enter them on the first page. What happens if your gift card won't cover the full non-discounted price of a book - do you have to enter a credit card?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #9852
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

So, what does it mean when under "Read this on" it's blank? Even the kepub books have *something* listed there.

I ran across that on Monday. I was working through other problems, so I don't remember exactly which book or even which Kobo store. It was a somewhat pricy nonfiction book (either computers or history) that I wanted to use a 75% code for, but I wasn't willing to risk it when I saw that I might not be able to actually read the book.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #9853
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
55%

BMNHLC
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #9854
kristalana
Groupie
kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kristalana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Galaxy Tab Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
So, what does it mean when under "Read this on" it's blank? Even the kepub books have *something* listed there.

I ran across that on Monday. I was working through other problems, so I don't remember exactly which book or even which Kobo store. It was a somewhat pricy nonfiction book (either computers or history) that I wanted to use a 75% code for, but I wasn't willing to risk it when I saw that I might not be able to actually read the book.
In my experience that means pdf. The first time I got hit with one they at least gave me a refund, which was nice.
kristalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #9855
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post

Search for the book on a store with the old checkout (such as Afghanistan). If the book isn't geo-restricted, the file type for the book will be shown.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals