Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Table of contents in pdf files

I have some large pdf files and it would be nice to somehow add bookmarks and table of contents into the file itself or import them to M92. Is there any way to do that? there is a icon 'Table of Contents' in Tools menu, while reading pdf files. How can that be used?

Thank you.
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Some pdfs do already have a table of contents (that's what the icon in the tools menu is for). Adding a TOC without Adobe Acrobat is not very easy. It's possible to add them with ghostscript (in the form of bookmarks), but it requires some effort.

This is basically what you have to do if you want to add a table of contents to your existing pdf file: http://blog.tremily.us/posts/PDF_boo...h_Ghostscript/

Last edited by tuxor; 11-19-2012 at 03:17 PM.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Pdf & DjVu Bookmarker is very good. Tray it
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
pvdas
Enthusiast
pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.pvdas is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Some pdfs do already have a table of contents (that's what the icon in the tools menu is for). Adding a TOC without Adobe Acrobat is not very easy. It's possible to add them with ghostscript (in the form of bookmarks), but it requires some effort.

This is basically what you have to do if you want to add a table of contents to your existing pdf file: http://blog.tremily.us/posts/PDF_boo...h_Ghostscript/
As I make pdf files form doc files myself I found it possible to save the doc file to pdf from within the MS Word with the option to create bookmarks from the headings. Then it shows the headings in TOC of the menu However it is displayed in the system font, and I am using special diacritics, so it does not show the headings properly. Is there a way how to change the system font so the TOC displays properly?

Thank you,
PV Das
pvdas is offline   Reply With Quote