Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Faded K3 Keyboard

So the Keyboard on my wife's K3 is faded to the point of illegibility. Anyone know of a solution?
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
You could probably go with something like a decal skin that would protect the keys a bit.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
A. Call customer service and they will probably offer you a Invisible Defenders NoKey skin. I wouldn't use a Kindle Keyboard without one. They might offer you a replacement. It does seem to be a defect that they're aware of.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am astounded. I gave her this Kindle two Christmases ago. I contacted Kindle Customer Support (push the Call Me button and the phone rings) and after a short discussion they are sending a new Kindle 3 along with a return shipping label for the old one. Return the old one within 30 days and no charge.

And I will indeed check into the Invisible Defender skins. Unfortunately most of the ones I have seen so far are kinda flashy and she hates that kind of thing. Hoping they have a plain black or clear one.
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2 View Post
I am astounded. I gave her this Kindle two Christmases ago. I contacted Kindle Customer Support (push the Call Me button and the phone rings) and after a short discussion they are sending a new Kindle 3 along with a return shipping label for the old one. Return the old one within 30 days and no charge.

And I will indeed check into the Invisible Defender skins. Unfortunately most of the ones I have seen so far are kinda flashy and she hates that kind of thing. Hoping they have a plain black or clear one.
Very nice. For all the rhetoric about "predatory pricing" that we hear from some quarters, you've uncovered one of the primary reasons Amazon is so successful: incomparable customer service. I'm glad your problem was solved.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
You could probably go with something like a decal skin that would protect the keys a bit.
That looks nice. Have you tried one?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
That looks nice. Have you tried one?

Carol
I have a couple of them. They feel nice. And some of the designs can look REALLY slick. With as much typing that I do on mine, I found it worth it to grab one. I think that I'm starting to see some wear on the "e" and "s" keys (not on the skin, the Kindle itself).
Old 04-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have a couple of them. They feel nice. And some of the designs can look REALLY slick. With as much typing that I do on mine, I found it worth it to grab one. I think that I'm starting to see some wear on the "e" and "s" keys (not on the skin, the Kindle itself).
The skin covers the keys, correct?

Carol
Old 04-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur

Yep. There are some skins that go over the keys, and some where there's holes where they line up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81uz3-auDcL._AA1500_.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	85793   Click image for larger version

Name:	41Tan8nRCVL._SS400_.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	85794  
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Yep. There are some skins that go over the keys, and some where there's holes where they line up.
Thanks. Will have to check them out. I notice some of my keys are just starting to wear a little bit. Not bad though.

Carol
Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
I purchased an Invisible Defenders skin for my K3 over a year ago. It covers the keys and the lettering hasn't wore at all with daily use. It was a little hard to apply but it stands up to daily use and there are many designs to choose from.
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard, kindle 3