Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2022, 08:26 PM   #1
ccat526
ccat526 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Change Kindle MAC Address?

Odd request, I know. For context my router has decided that it hates my Voyage and declared it “paused” even though i’ve gone in and manually tried unpausing it. I want to try changing the MAC to that of my working kindle in hopes that it will work again. I tried using the USBNetworking “Tweak MAC Address” option but nothing changed when I ran ifconfig in kterm. Are there any ways to change the MAC from kterm? Thanks in advance, i’m a bit stumped.
ccat526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:43 AM   #2
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
Check the "idme" command. Remember that if you change your mac address, your kindle will not pass verification on Amazon servers.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2022, 10:21 AM   #3
ccat526
ccat526 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie.t.h View Post
Check the "idme" command. Remember that if you change your mac address, your kindle will not pass verification on Amazon servers.
I used idme and changed the MAC, thank you! But what do you mean about “verification”? I don’t purchase any books through amazon, so shouldn’t be a big deal, but i am curious.
ccat526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 03:24 PM   #4
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
You simply won't register the reader with your Amazon account. If you don't use it, there's no problem. However, it is worth saving the original MAC and restoring it with a possible resale of the device so that it is 100% efficient.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
internet issues, kindle, kindle voyage, mac