Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-06-2021, 12:31 PM   #1
heffalump007
heffalump007 began at the beginning.

Device: boyue likebook muses
Is it possible to update Likebook Muses to Android 8.1 via a Mac?

Is it possible to update Likebook Muses to Android 8.1 via a Mac please? I've tried to do it from the link on Boyue's Facebook site plus added a question there but it doesn't allow me to do it on my Mac. Grateful for any advice as I'd love to have the Android 8.1 on my Muses. I have it on my Likebook P6 and can use the Times and Sunday Times app on that but I can't on my Muses and I suspect that's something to do with the lower Android version. Any ideas or advice gratefully received. I love my Muses in every other way and just got the P6 to enjoy the smaller size. I can't justify to upgrading to the P10 at the moment. Thanks
heffalump007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffalump007 View Post
Is it possible to update Likebook Muses to Android 8.1 via a Mac please? I've tried to do it from the link on Boyue's Facebook site plus added a question there but it doesn't allow me to do it on my Mac. Grateful for any advice as I'd love to have the Android 8.1 on my Muses. I have it on my Likebook P6 and can use the Times and Sunday Times app on that but I can't on my Muses and I suspect that's something to do with the lower Android version. Any ideas or advice gratefully received. I love my Muses in every other way and just got the P6 to enjoy the smaller size. I can't justify to upgrading to the P10 at the moment. Thanks
Considering the flashing software is only on windows you need to use parallels or bootcamp. If there is a Mac version of that flashing software I have never seen it.

Malcolm

Edit: this was a thing but is seriously outdated now. You could see if it detects your newer soc though. https://sourceforge.net/projects/rkflashtool/

Last edited by rvcjew; 03-06-2021 at 04:13 PM.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2021, 03:06 AM   #3
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
at present no MAC version, you have to find a window PC to flash it. later no need anymore. and all the new features OTA by based on andorid 8.1
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac, muses, upgrade