Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-01-2023, 07:34 AM   #1
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Issue w Mac Calibre w library on external usb

I am using Mac Calibre and ever since I moved my library to an external hard drive I'm having two issues:

1. When I edit an epub's metadata and click save I get the following error: FileNotFoundError:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '._Book Title'. If I click ok it still saves. Here's the show details data:
calibre, version 6.14.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>FileNotFoundError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '._Book Title.epub'

calibre 6.14.1 embedded-python: True
macOS-13.2-arm64-arm-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '22.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 22.3.0: Thu Jan 5 20:49:43 PST 2023; root:xnu-8792.81.2~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8103')
Python 3.10.1
OSX: ('13.2', ('', '', ''), 'arm64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 409, in rmtree_with_retry
File "shutil.py", line 717, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 674, in _rmtree_safe_fd
File "shutil.py", line 672, in _rmtree_safe_fd
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '._cover.jpg'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/metadata/single.py", line 621, in accept
File "calibre/gui2/metadata/single.py", line 602, in apply_changes
File "calibre/gui2/metadata/basic_widgets.py", line 242, in commit
File "calibre/db/legacy.py", line 934, in func
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 77, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1484, in set_field
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1497, in update_path
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1795, in update_path
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1334, in rmtree
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 414, in rmtree_with_retry
File "shutil.py", line 717, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 674, in _rmtree_safe_fd
File "shutil.py", line 672, in _rmtree_safe_fd
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '._Book Title.epub'
2. If I change the title of the book, not only does the above error happen but it doesn't remove the old book folder and metadata.opf file.

Thanks for any help.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 08:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Put your calibre library on a native filesystem, either APFS or HFS+ and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 03:25 PM   #3
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you! It never dawned on me, I'm so used to using fat32 or exfat for compatibility.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 12:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah I do the same, but in calibre's case it uses more "advanced" filesystem functionality that is often broken in non-native filesystem drivers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:00 AM   #5
parsibawa
parsibawa began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Deleting a book (any format) within Calibre

Deleting a book (any format) within Calibre does not delete it from Calibre Library.
parsibawa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edit metadata, error, mac