Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
petley
petley began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Adding book failure

I have a strange problem. Using the latest 64 bit version, I am unable to add any books to the library. The Add books dialog box just sits there and does nothing nor tells me anything...no books get added.

However, adding the same book/s using the 32 bit version works fine (v1.40 as I'm nervous about updating in case I get locked out of the ability to add any books). Doesn't make sense to me at all!!!

The library sits on a plain Win 7 machine and I only use MOBI format books.
petley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by petley View Post
I have a strange problem. Using the latest 64 bit version, I am unable to add any books to the library. The Add books dialog box just sits there and does nothing nor tells me anything...no books get added.

However, adding the same book/s using the 32 bit version works fine (v1.40 as I'm nervous about updating in case I get locked out of the ability to add any books). Doesn't make sense to me at all!!!

The library sits on a plain Win 7 machine and I only use MOBI format books.
Have you ever had more than 1 monitor attached? Sometimes a question is waiting on the phantom.

Calibre 32 uses the same settings as 64 but your A/V will treat them as different.

(re)Start C64 in debug mode, then post the log for the guru to look at. Preferences:restart in debug...

DRM questions can not be answered here: See Alf for help.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Its also worthwhile ensuring that all plugins are current versions since the calibre 2.x series required updated versions that were QT5 compatible.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@petley - what happens if you drag a MOBI from your file manager and drop it into the book list?

Do you auto-convert when you add, look in Preferences->Add Books->The Add Process->Automatically convert... ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #5
petley
petley began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanx for the info. I've had a look at the log and the end result is..."unable to locate book". Yet it is right where it is supposed to be???? in a directory on my Win 7 hard disk>
petley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanx for the info. I've had a look at the log and the end result is..."unable to locate book". Yet it is right where it is supposed to be???? in a directory on my Win 7 hard disk>
Something about it (the file you see) might be just a hair different?
File Rights?
Odd character in file name?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Can you paste the complete debug log.

Try copying to another directory and renaming it, the file name may have some non-obvious oddball character - I sometimes get that with files I source from a ROK site.

Did you try dragging it to the book list?

Where are you getting the metadata from - file name or from within the MOBI, try changing it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add, books, problem