Main
Main began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - keyboard
Unhappy Problem with titles not appearing on my kindle 3

Hi,

I have been downloading txt fanffiction files and using the free online site:

http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/...BI-to-TXT.html

to convert them to mobi for my Kindle.

However - whilst the files appear correctly named on my computer they appear as page after page of: "title" or "title1".

Why is this happening and is there a way I can correct it?

Any help would be great, please?!

Last edited by Main; 04-27-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The converted files (.mobi) have metadata embedded in them. The title has to be changed there. I don't know why the conversion service you used didn't use the filename to set the title. Perhaps you would have been better off using Amazon's conversion service, or Calibre.

You can download Mobi2MobiGUI or Calibre to fix the titles in the metadata, then copy the revised file(s) back to your Kindle.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
As susan_cassidy said, the problem stems from a flaw/limitation in the coverter you are using. Using a better conversion tool may well be the easiest and best fix.

In addition to the methods she mentions, you can also manually edit the title metadata using the app discussed in this post.

Last edited by dwig; 04-27-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: correct the link url
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
incorrect title display, kindle 3, kindle keyboard, no book titles