Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #1
tom95521
tom95521 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 keyboard, kobo touch
Resizing window on 1024x600 netbook

I use calibre 0.6.6 on my Windows 7 MSI Wind netbook. The taskbar overlays the calibre window so I can not click on buttons at the bottom of the screen. There is a ticket #2079 that is related to my problem but was closed with status wontfix. I could not post a new ticket to the calibre site.

My question is: Would it be possible for calibre to resize in the Y direction when the window is not maximized by dragging down at the top of the title bar (vertical double arrow)? Most programs can do this and it works in Sigil.

Calibre is a great program and it would be even better if I could use it on my netbook.

Thanks,
Tom
tom95521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A workaround is to set the taskbar to "autohide". I do that on my netbook and Calibrre works fine. On such a restricted height screen, that's a good idea anyway!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
tom95521

Hi Harry,

I tried autohide and lock on taskbar properties, but I somehow managed to get calibre in album cover browse mode and I can't recover. Maybe it's a Windows 7 bug, not sure.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 08-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click the black button with the white arrow in the bottom right corner to toggle browse by cover mode
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
tom95521

OK. After maximizing window I could then see the black button with white arrow and returned to text browse. Now I can resize the window by dragging the title bar down. I guess Y resize is only be disabled when viewing in cover mode.

Thanks!
Tom
Advert
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom95521 View Post
OK. After maximizing window I could then see the black button with white arrow and returned to text browse. Now I can resize the window by dragging the title bar down. I guess Y resize is only be disabled when viewing in cover mode.
It may be a good opportunity to activate the "cover browser in another window" option
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
tom95521

Yes. The new window the cover browser resize problem I was having.
Thanks,
Tom