Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Can I use custom xhtml tags in Sigil?

I'd like to edit a Kindle dictionary source file with Sigil. The problem is that Amazon still uses the old MobiPocket custom HTML tags to define dictionary entries. For example, a minimal dictionary entry would look like this.

Code:
<idx:entry>
	<idx:orth>Fahrvergnügen</idx:orth><br /> 
	driving enjoyment (n)
</idx:entry>
The problem is that if I add a dictionary .html file to a Sigil project all non-standard tags will be deleted. If I define them as custom tags in the style section of the header, they'll be converted to div's with the tag name as the class.
Is there anything I could do to make Sigil ignore these tags other than commenting them out?

(I know that xhtml custom tags are frowned upon and that the file wouldn't validate; I'm just wondering if I could use Sigil to edit the Kindle dictionary source files, because it would, for example, allow me to automatically generate the .ncx file.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.6.0, currently there is a beta avaliable allows you to completely turn off Tidy (which is removing/modifying the tags). At least that's one of the intended features. It's currently in beta so I can't really say if it's working 100% yet. That said, the current version won't do what you want but Sigil should be able to do what you need very soon (if not already with the 0.5.905 beta).
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
That option as well as well formed error checking are located in correct menu/drop down, IMO. They can be turned off/on by someone knowledgeable but unlikely to be set wrong by mistake. It is obvious how much thought you have put into this.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote