Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
ereadx
ereadx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Smile K2I - 2.3.3 to 2.5 again this for Kindle 2 International

Hi,

I just received the update to 2.5 for my Kindle 2 (international version).

I just upgraded from 2.3.3 to 2.5

I am trying to get the bin file out now.

Later

Last edited by ereadx; 05-13-2010 at 07:55 PM.
ereadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
gothica
gothica began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle dx wireless
cool! when you can share it?
gothica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Waiting waiting for k2I
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
ereadx

Okay,

I used Recuva to get these files. For some reason there were two files with today's date. Try the FWUO_update-03-431100003-4 file first.

Again this is from Kindle 2 (International Version) going from 2.3.3 firmware to 2.5

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8...9f3f1679ee9294

Please let me know if it works or not.

And I believe users with April 23rd Amazon's Reregistered Date might get the update today.

I manually did sync and check for new items, and when I saw the downloading data icon on the top (the animated circle..spinning for few minutes, I knew it was downloading data).

Enjoy,

-e
Old 05-13-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ooh, Oooh, I JUST GOT IT TOO! Now this is from 2.3.4 to 2.5 - will see if it works
My register date was changed to 29th May.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Ooh, Oooh, I JUST GOT IT TOO! Now this is from 2.3.4 to 2.5 - will see if it works
My register date was changed to 29th May.

I haven't gotten it yet. Help me out, please?
JohnnyTToxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
ereadx

I posted the link to get the firmware - you can try that too - see above
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur
JohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enoughJohnnyTToxic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereadx View Post
I posted the link to get the firmware - you can try that too - see above
Unfortunately, I have 2.3.4, so I think Pushka might be my only hope. Aside from maybe getting it sent OTA.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Pushka
Wizard

Quick question, where does the bin file sit? Which folder?

And PM me your email addy JJ in case I get it.

Got em. Now how do I upload them?

Last edited by Pushka; 05-13-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #10
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
The 431100003 is 2.3.4, but it still didn't work for me! It detects that there is an update there, but when I try and update it says "Update is Unsuccessful"...

Oh well...
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
ereadx

Pushka try putting the file in your main directory. This time my update was done wireless. I know I had put other updates before - the other files which were listed on the forums. But try the file with FWUO_update-03-431100003-4 That file is new it must be it.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #12
JohnnyTToxic
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Quick question, where does the bin file sit? Which folder?

And PM me your email addy JJ in case I get it.
Should just be on the root E:/ or whatever drive letter is given to your kindle...
Old 05-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #13
Pushka
Wizard

I have it, I dont have a shareware account but if you want to pm me with your email I will email it. Originally recuva was wanting me to specify a folder, I reran recuva and it just search the whole kindle.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #14
ereadx

In Recuva both files FWUO_update-03-431100003-4 (wierd this file does not have bin) and Update_431100003_472900057.bin were both on my kindle at 7:14pm today.

Try putting both the files in your root E:\ or whatever the drive letter is

And then do a update.

If not check new items manually also - you might get the update OTA.

Again my kindle 2i went from 2.3.3 to 2.5

Please let me know the files work

Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #15
Pushka
Wizard

On its way JTT - two 13meg files, one is a bin, the other is a well. I'm not sure what it is.

Now, we need to get those files to the hackers for our screen savers.