Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That is a beta release built from the latest git HEAD, so yes.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:24 AM   #17
MacMike
MacMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Great, I see it now on the GitHub. I thought it was a quick fix.
Thanks a lot!
MacMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #18
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Is the beta release the same as the current 2.55? Only the current version wouldn't recognise my Kobo but the beta version does, although it doesn't see my SD card.

My Kobo was recognised last weekend so I've no idea if the OS updated this week, I've only had my Mac a few weeks so I don't know how to check.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:23 PM   #19
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually i spoke too soon, although my Mac is seeing the Kobo main device (not the SD card) its a read only database

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1054, in setData
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 1128, in _set_data
File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 437, in set
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1058, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 516, in set_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 191, in set_title
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 182, in one_one_in_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 821, in executemany
File "src/cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
ReadOnlyError: ReadOnlyError: attempt to write a readonly database
if i can be of any help with this just let me know. luckily i still have my W7 laptop but i would like Calibre to work properly on my Mac if thats possible.

I did recently load the Metoza patches so could i have done something then to muck up my Kobo?

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-23-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:32 PM   #20
bassmanstu
bassmanstu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I had the same issue but transfered ebook wirelessly

I followed this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168116
bassmanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:45 PM   #21
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmanstu View Post
Thank you, I don't really want to go down the wifi route though as I transfer Kepub, not ePub. Calibre works fine for Windows so hopefully it will again for the MAC.

Also Calibre on the MAC doesn't see my SDCard so wifi wouldn't help for that.

I'll give it a few days and if no one spots my posts I'll raise a log for it.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Actually i spoke too soon, although my Mac is seeing the Kobo main device (not the SD card) its a read only database

if i can be of any help with this just let me know. luckily i still have my W7 laptop but i would like Calibre to work properly on my Mac if thats possible.

I did recently load the Metoza patches so could i have done something then to muck up my Kobo?
That error has nothing to do with the Kobo device. Or at least not directly. It is an error writing to the calibre database. It might be happening while the device is being read, but it isn't code that is used to write to the device database. From the traceback, I can't see what it was doing at the time.

And depending on when it happens, it probably explains why the SD card is not seen.

Last edited by davidfor; 04-23-2016 at 09:36 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #23
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That error has nothing to do with the Kobo device. Or at least not directly. It is an error writing to the calibre database. It might be happening while the device is being read, but it isn't code that is used to write to the device database. From the traceback, I can't see what it was doing at the time.

And depending on when it happens, it probably explains why the SD card is not seen.
All I was doing was trying to edit some tags in Calibre while my kobo was connected.

It's 4am here so later when I'm up I'll check out my kobo on two Windows 7 machines (Calibre is in Dropbox so it's accessible on every PC) then go back to the MAC and see what's going on.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #24
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

Hi David, thanks for commenting. Today my Calibre library is editable and both my Kobo and the SD card are detected. Unfortunately I get an error communicating with device message so i've raised it as a bug. Thanks again for trying to help.