Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Post places to buy e-books

In anticipation of my soon to get device, I want to compile a list of sites where e-books can be purchased of downloaded.

Several sites I have found on this site already, but I want to make it as complete as possible (maybe it's already there and I missed it). I will keep the latest version of the list in this message.

So, if you know any sites, please let me know. For every site I would like to know the following:

-Name/URL (duh...)
-Genre (if specialized)
-Public Domain or not
-Location (US-based, UK-based, etc)
-Localization restriction (who can buy there)
-Formats delivered

So, input is kindly asked. If I need to add information about sites, please let me know and I will add it. I hope to place a first version of the list later today.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You want the ebook stores wiki page:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores

also the free eBook wiki page:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Free_eBooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
In anticipation of my soon to get device, I want to compile a list of sites where e-books can be purchased of downloaded.

Several sites I have found on this site already, but I want to make it as complete as possible (maybe it's already there and I missed it). I will keep the latest version of the list in this message.

So, if you know any sites, please let me know. For every site I would like to know the following:

-Name/URL (duh...)
-Genre (if specialized)
-Public Domain or not
-Location (US-based, UK-based, etc)
-Localization restriction (who can buy there)
-Formats delivered

So, input is kindly asked. If I need to add information about sites, please let me know and I will add it. I hope to place a first version of the list later today.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I should have thought about the wiki.... At least it's a good start. Now to get the other info. At least I know that Kobo can be put as US only.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote