Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
bobbydiv
Wizard
bobbydiv began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Book Digital Reader PRS - 505
Cool Sony Emails

First off, I'm new to the site, so I'd like to say hi. Well, not exactly new. I've been reading from the bleachers for about three weeks since I bought my new Sony PRS - 505. Anyway, I've seen post where people have been talking about emails they receive from Sony's ebook store. I've checked my settings several times and I'm still not receiving those emails. I've checked my "Junk Mail" folder and they aren't there either. Can someone tell me the last time they received one of those emails? Perhaps one hasn't come out since I signed up. Maybe, I haven't actually missed anything! Otherwise, I might need to contact Customer Service.
bobbydiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Checking my inbox the last one I received was from the 30th Dec and before that the 9th Dec.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
bobbydiv
Wizard

Yep. I was registered by the 30th. I didn't get one then. Hmm. Very interesting. I figure that it's like any other registration for email news letters on the internet. Pretty much instant.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I've only gotten one and it was a coupon. I'd like to receive them, I'm kind of bummed I'm missing out.

Yes I have them enabled.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
I haven't had any either, and I made sure a while ago that they were enabled.
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
I got one today. I get them regularly, once a week.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
I got one today. I get them regularly, once a week.
What do they say?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
What do they say?
They announce promotions and books on sale, free ebooks, things like that.

The email is from promotions at direct.connect.com. At the banner it says, "The eBook Store from Sony," and "New Releases and Featured Books."

"Dear eBook Store Customer,

"Happy New Year from the eBook Store from Sony! You can now save 40% on selected titles to help with your New Year’s resolutions -- whether it’s losing weight, organizing your life, or improving your finances."

And then it goes on to list featured books, top 10 books, new releases, the $1 book (already posted at MR). And then at the end there's the free ebook download (Weird Tales, also mentioned here at MR), and a featured bundle.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
They announce promotions and books on sale, free ebooks, things like that.

The email is from promotions at direct.connect.com. At the banner it says, "The eBook Store from Sony," and "New Releases and Featured Books."

"Dear eBook Store Customer,

"Happy New Year from the eBook Store from Sony! You can now save 40% on selected titles to help with your New Year’s resolutions -- whether it’s losing weight, organizing your life, or improving your finances."

And then it goes on to list featured books, top 10 books, new releases, the $1 book (already posted at MR). And then at the end there's the free ebook download (Weird Tales, also mentioned here at MR), and a featured bundle.
Man I am so totally mad I don't get that, because I scan their site at work looking for those things
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 AM   #10
bobbydiv
Wizard

That's exactly the threads I had read earlier that I though you guys were talking about, and what I was looking for from them. I have NO idea why I'm missing them. This is erking me. So, the address is promotions@direct.connect.com?

I'm going to route anything coming from that into a special folder so I can watch out for it. Can someone post the next time they get one so we know that we missed it or not?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #11
Seabound
Steerage Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydiv View Post
That's exactly the threads I had read earlier that I though you guys were talking about, and what I was looking for from them. I have NO idea why I'm missing them. This is erking me. So, the address is promotions@direct.connect.com?

I'm going to route anything coming from that into a special folder so I can watch out for it. Can someone post the next time they get one so we know that we missed it or not?
Okay, I just got a new email from them tonight. No new freebies this week in their email.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbydiv View Post
Can someone post the next time they get one so we know that we missed it or not?
I got a new email from Sony yesterday evening. Attached is a jpeg of the content.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony.eBook.Store.2009-01-13.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	21292  
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54 View Post
I got a new email from Sony yesterday evening. Attached is a jpeg of the content.
Thanks for posting that
Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
bobbydiv
Wizard

Thank you very much for posting that. It's exactly what I was looking for. Gave me something specific to key into. I've contact SONY and am awaiting a reply. I've double checked my SPAM folder, my INBOX, and my folder set for redirecting all inbound email from SONY. I even logged onto my ISP through the web portal and checked to make sure it wasn't holding any email back. I get probably 15 JUNK emails a day, so and all of the other things I have actually signed up to receive, so I can't see them bouncing this one single item. Thanks SO much.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
bobbydiv
Wizard

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. After I read the post, I emailed sony about the issue, since I'm not receiving their newsletters. I'm fairly impressed with their quickness in the response time. I had a response in about two hours. It might have been quicker, but there was an outage in our road runner. However, there was an issue with the response. My email made it clear I was questioning the newsletters coming from the eBook store concerning their deals and freebies. The response gave me a link teaching me how to work the RSS Feeds on the website. ;-( Hmmm.. Welcome to 7-11? Ok. So... Now I have an actual EMAIL address that I can write back to that I'm not restricted to 250 characters. I sent an email back WITH a copy of the JPEG (I did check the JPEG out to make sure that there was no identifying information to give away the person it came from). Wonder if I'll have better luck???