Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #91
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
The topic seems to have shifted a bit. It has been hard to follow.

----------------------

This comment here answers the original question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Pointless. If it was taken away and you wanted to give someone karma for something they said in the politics and religion area, all you'd have to do is find another post by that person in a different area and give the karma through that one.
------

I have given karma on a random thread before because I liked someone's sig or someone's avatar. Who hasnt?

Last edited by happy_terd; 01-20-2011 at 08:40 AM.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #92
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Suggestion:

I'd love to be able to see to whom I've given Karma, and when.

Reason: I like to thank people for their help/support, and there have been times when the same people have helped me with different problems on different threads, or in a couple cases helped me multiple times on the same thread; but I can only thank them once. I'm then told to "spread the Karma around".

This would be fine if the hold didn't seem to last "forever". It also means that sometimes I forget exactly where the post is located that I wanted to "thank".

I understand limiting the karma, so that it is not abused, but I would at least like to be able to have a way to go back and track down those posts I wanted to thank in the first place.

I would also like to know how long that "Spread the karma around" hold, lasts. There was a week, when I was really only talking to 3 people. Should I have just randomly doled out karma so that I could get back around to them?

Please & Thank you.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #93
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Nyssa, whenever you need to spread your karma around, you can always give some to me. I'm more than glad to help you out.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #94
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
Nyssa, whenever you need to spread your karma around, you can always give some to me. I'm more than glad to help you out.
Hey...I don't spread my karma to just anyone!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #95
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hey...I don't spread my karma to just anyone!
Oh, spurn me not Nyssa! You're breaking my heart. I was only trying to do you a favor. Is this the price of kindness?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #96
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
Oh, spurn me not Nyssa! You're breaking my heart. I was only trying to do you a favor. Is this the price of kindness?
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #97
spellbanisher
Guru

Quote:
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!
It is alright, but I don't think things will ever be the same between us.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:45 AM   #98
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
What is this, love unrequited ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #99
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
This would be fine if the hold didn't seem to last "forever". It also means that sometimes I forget exactly where the post is located that I wanted to "thank".
Create a folder in your favorites, save the posts you want to give to at some time in the future there. After giving to a post then delete it from that folder.

Quote:
I would also like to know how long that "Spread the karma around" hold, lasts. There was a week, when I was really only talking to 3 people. Should I have just randomly doled out karma so that I could get back around to them?
3 servings in between giving to the same person, no matter what length of time.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #100
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Create a folder in your favorites, save the posts you want to give to at some time in the future there. After giving to a post then delete it from that folder.
Great idea! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
3 servings in between giving to the same person, no matter what length of time.
Ah. Okay. Well that's a good way to encourage generosity. Thank you again!

Much Karma to you.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #101
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Hijacking the topic - can we have some new Karma fortunes? Please?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shrek_2_Cat-eyes_L-01.jpg
Views:	914
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	69018
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 AM   #102
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
I'd love to be able to see to whom I've given Karma, and when.

Reason: I like to thank people for their help/support, and there have been times when the same people have helped me with different problems on different threads, or in a couple cases helped me multiple times on the same thread; but I can only thank them once. I'm then told to "spread the Karma around".

I understand limiting the karma, so that it is not abused, but I would at least like to be able to have a way to go back and track down those posts I wanted to thank in the first place.

Please & Thank you.

I have just read this thread, and would just like to add that you should not

tell the poster that you are giving them Karma. I did, and when I attempted

to give the Karma was unable to do so. I was in 'bad books' and a lot of

unpleasantness followed.

Cheers

nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #103
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Hijacking the topic - can we have some new Karma fortunes? Please?
Attachment 69018
Aren't you getting tired of them?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #104
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Never! Karma makes me happy. I'd love to see new Karma fortunes, as well.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #105
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
How was the saying - something about kettles, pots and the color black
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote