Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1141
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
1) better on the duokan thread to ask that really... but basically I believe they have KUAL support now. OH look here we are!

2) hmm... well.. the device should, regardless of duokan

3) eerrrr... you got me on that one. I reckon it might be in a TZ file but that is a guess... its 24H by default I think *looks at his UK one* well mine is... get back to you on that.

You need to Downgrade it. to 5.3.1 Then JB, (with bridge), then upgrade. Takes not very long. ten/twenty mins or something. Longer to find all the right files/threads : D

And I would have just moved the post for you...
No need to cross-post on here...

Only reason I didn't do that is because I thought I had already provided your answers?
Anyways. Good luck on finding "better" answers
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #1142
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hi!

New enghlis txt! DuoKan R2.1

Download: English.txt
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #1143
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile DuokanLauncher don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
KUAL launchers to launch Duokan

Now it's possible to enable/disable Duokan via Kual. ( it creates a DUOKAN_NO file in the usb root)

Thanks to DuoKan Team for their help.

as the names imply:
DuokanLauncher-K3K4.zip > for K3, K4
DuokanLauncher-K5PW.zip > for K5, PW

Spoiler:
previous versions:
v1
I tried to use DuokanLaucher in my Kindle(K5 5.3.5) via Kual,
but it didin;t work.

In the Kual log,
I find the recording

'KUAL: ***** started on Sat Dec 1 14:10:47 AMZ 2012
/mnt/us/extensions/DuokanLauncher/menu.json: expected <value> but got <]> at input token 19
, "priority" : 1 , "action" : "bin/switch.sh" } , <<]>> }'

What can I do to solve this problem?

richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #1144
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
I tried to use DuokanLaucher in my Kindle(K5 5.3.5) via Kual,
but it didin;t work.

In the Kual log,
I find the recording

/mnt/us/extensions/DuokanLauncher/menu.json: expected <value> but got <]> at input token 19
, "priority" : 1 , "action" : "bin/switch.sh" } , <<]>> }'

What can I do to solve this problem?

Use the older version of KUAL
OR
wait for the Duokan team to update their button for the new KUAL version.

The new KUAL version does not accept some of the sloppy json files that the older version did.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #1145
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
I tried to use DuokanLaucher but it didin;t work.
In the Kual log,I find the recording
updated the post, please try again.

BTW thanks for the (detailed) feedback.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 AM   #1146
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
You should set the date/time on your Kindle, both the system time and the hardware time.

There are a number of applications that will not work unless the date/time is somewhat realistic.

There is a KUAL button to do that using the International network of time servers. (no connection to Amazon required)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:57 AM   #1147
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Unhappy It still not work.

Quote:
updated the post, please try again.

BTW thanks for the (detailed) feedback.

updated the post?

I just copy the folder 'DuokanLauncher' to the KUAL‘s folder ’Extensions‘

it doesn't work.

how does it work?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #1148
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
it doesn't work.
Did you download it again? (I mean, I fixed the error and updated the post with this file)

I just tried the new version on my Kindle, worked as expected.

Last edited by thomass; 05-24-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #1149
axmax
axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.axmax is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KindlePW2+Duokan, PyrusMini, Sony PRS-350, 505, T1, Kindle3
"Send To Duokan"

I am using Duokan since I got my K3. Currently 2013-05-17.25498 which I suppose is the newest available version. It is great and I love it. Even more since recently many translations were implemented.

Anyways I would love to get that "push to kindle" thing going. I am trying it since I first saw that "account registration" menu some months ago. But I never had success and do not find a lot of info about it on the net.

I just registered again and got an iduokan.com address assigned. Now if I understand it right, I should be able to mail to that address and then it should eventually pop up on my kindle. Similar to how it worked with the official kindle firmware.

Sending an Email from gmx.de tells me:
"xxxxxx@iduokan.com":
mail exchanger not found, name="110.76.42.105"

So is the service currently broken oder am I doing something wrong? Anyone got a clue?

Thanks for your time,
Axel
axmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #1150
richy1989
Connoisseur

Smile Ask for help again

Quote:
Did you download it again? (I mean, I fixed the error and updated the post with this file)

I just tried the new version on my Kindle, worked as expected.
I started trying it
I may not understand the specific use of this extension.
Can you give a more specific use of it?
About this extension?
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #1151
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I started trying it
I may not understand the specific use of this extension.
Can you give a more specific use of it?
About this extension?
when you have Duokan installed on your Kindle, you can use this extension to load, enable, disable Duokan.

What did you try?
Do you have Duokan 2013 (or Duokan 2012) installed?

How to install: just copy the DuokanLauncher folder into your extension folder. it should have "menu.json", "config.xml" files and "bin" folder inside.

on Kual: it provides
Code:
>Disable Duokan
>Switch to Duokan
or
Code:
>Enable Duokan
Do you see these items on Kual?

In fact I just tried to see whether it creates and display the items. On my last try I didn't try to launch Duokan since I don't have it on my Kindle installed.

We need some feedback here for the item:"Switch to Duokan".
What I can say now is that it creates this items on Kual and switch from one item group to another one when I use enable/disable.

Last edited by thomass; 05-25-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #1152
richy1989
Connoisseur

Unhappy Something has gone wrong.

Quote:
when you have Duokan installed on your Kindle, you can use this extension to load, enable, disable Duokan.

What did you try?
Do you have Duokan 2013 (or Duokan 2012) installed?

How to install: just copy the DuokanLauncher folder into your extension folder. it should have "menu.json", "config.xml" files and "bin" folder inside.

on Kual: it provides
Code:
>Disable Duokan
>Switch to Duokan
or
Code:
>Enable Duokan
Do you see these items on Kual?

In fact I just tried to see whether it creates and display the items. On my last try I didn't try to launch Duokan since I don't have it on my Kindle installed.

We need some feedback here for the item:"Switch to Duokan".
What I can say now is that it creates this items on Kual and switch from one item group to another one when I use enable/disable.
Mmm.
I tried again with what you said.
It provides
Code:
>Disable Duokan
but I can't see the item:"Switch to Duokan".

After I run the code 'Disable Duokan' and reboot the kindle,
It created a file'Duokan_No' in the root.

then I run the Kual,but I can't see the
Code:
>Enable Duokan
yet.
Kual still show the item 'Disable Duokan'

I got the screenshot of the KUAL(in the Attachments),
I can't see the item 'Switch to Duokan' and 'Enable Duokan' no matter how I reboot the kindle.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...1&d=1369492250
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.gif
Views:	647
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	106238  
Old 05-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #1153
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I can't see the item 'Switch to Duokan' and 'Enable Duokan' no matter how I reboot the kindle.
Did you download the extension from this post again? if not please try after replacing the old DuokanLauncher folder with a newly downloaded one.

Also do you agree that you have extension/DuokanLauncher/menu.json on your Kindle? ie it is not in this way: extension/DuokanLauncher/DuokanLauncher/menu.json .
Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #1154
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
try with this one: [attachment deleted since it didn't work as expected]

Last edited by thomass; 05-26-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #1155
mavant
mavant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (black)
Installing DK 2013 and switching to English went fine, but I still have a couple of issues. I apologize if this is not the correct forum in which to post these questions; please redirect me if that is the case.

First, is there any way to do collection view of books? I have an awful lot of items on my kindle, and collections are pretty necessary...

Second, how does one follow links in hypertext-enabled ebooks? In the native Kindle software, one just clicks on the link and is provided with the option, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it at all on DK...

Third, I followed the instructions on the updated original post to install dictionaries, but it doesn't seem to have worked - as a specific experiment, I tried installing the Jargon File and searching for the word "grok", but no results were found. Are there further steps needed than just the ones listed above?

Last edited by mavant; 05-25-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Just editing to ensure I'm subscribed to replies.
mavant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf