Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
bluesbeat
bluesbeat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Support for Kogan e-reader

Hi,
I've just purchased this new model KGNEBK6VAA http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/ebook-r...-e-ink-screen/
I believe it may be a rebrand of the Oaxis EB-S601 http://www.myoaxis.com/601_specs.html
Does anyone know if this will be supported by Calibre?
Also I tried to install Calibre on Win 7 64 bit but got an installation error, does it not support win 64?
thanks for any help
bluesbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app

calibre works on win64 just fine. Try re-downloading the installer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #3
bluesbeat

sorry, my mistake, i forgot I had some windows updates happening in the background which prevented the installation. installed ok now.

Not sure if any of the listed supported models will work with the Kobo? What do I do to help get this one supported?
EDIT: ok just noticed the link, where do i send the info to?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
bluesbeat

Ok, It shows up as a removable disk. I can save to it with the calibre "save to disk" button. The kogan came with some books and they are saved in the "Kogan eBooks" directory on the device.
It supports the following formats-PDF, CHM, EPUB, TXT, HTM, HTML, RTF, PDB, DJVU, DJV, IW44, IW4, FB2, OEB, PRC, MOBI, TCR, OPF, as well as JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, TIFF and .mp3 for audio.
It supports 32GB SDHC Memory Card, but currently I don't have one to insert for the debug test. Attached is the debug anyway
Attached Files
File Type: txt kogan.txt (4.5 KB, 650 views)
Old 08-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
driver will be in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
bluesbeat

thank you very much kovidgoyal
Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
Lush
Connoisseur
Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.Lush considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Kindle 3, KPW, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
driver will be in next release.
Can you use Calibre with Kogan only, or do you have to use it to manage all the ebooks on your PC?
Lush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lush View Post
Can you use Calibre with Kogan only, or do you have to use it to manage all the ebooks on your PC?
Calibre is not going to take over your computer and do things you don't want it to do. If you don't want to use it to manage books on your PC, you don't have to, but I can't think why you would bother to put books into Calibre for your reader, then not use it to manage them on your PC.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote