Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
rapidblue
Connoisseur
rapidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kindle Voyage / Kindle Touch
Kindle 3 shipping separately from cover?

I pre-ordered my new Kindle (white 3G + Wi-Fi model) and teal blue cover (no light) this morning.

According to the mail I got back from Amazon, the cover is due to be delivered "August 31, 2010 - September 3, 2010" whereas the delivery date for the actual Kindle says "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time."

Anyone else experiencing this?
rapidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post
I pre-ordered my new Kindle (white 3G + Wi-Fi model) and teal blue cover (no light) this morning.

According to the mail I got back from Amazon, the cover is due to be delivered "August 31, 2010 - September 3, 2010" whereas the delivery date for the actual Kindle says "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time."

Mine says the same thing. IIRC it said something similar when I ordered my K2, but both arrived together on release day so I'm not too worried yet. Could always contact CS to be sure.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-29-2010 at 02:14 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That is bad news. I would not want to take my eink device out of the house if it didn't have a cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is bad news. I would not want to take my eink device out of the house if it didn't have a cover.
Me either, a cover is a must for me. Worst case I won't have a cover for just a couple of days. Inconvenient, but not the end of the world.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Mine too but I did them as two separate one click orders so I wouldn't expect different. I upgraded the K3 to one day shipping and kept the cover as 2 Day Prime shipping so I don't expect to get them together.

I'll make do.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
Mine too but I did them as two separate one click orders so I wouldn't expect different. I upgraded the K3 to one day shipping and kept the cover as 2 Day Prime shipping so I don't expect to get them together.

I'll make do.
Curious, why would you upgrade the K3's shipping when they're promising release day delivery the way it is?
Old 07-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've carried around a naked K2 for over a year now with no issues at all. I throw it in my briefcase with whatever else is in there and I'm good to go.
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzmc View Post
I've carried around a naked K2 for over a year now with no issues at all. I throw it in my briefcase with whatever else is in there and I'm good to go.
I'm sure plenty of folks do that. I'm just afraid to do that knowing how fragile the glass screen can be if something hits it right.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidblue View Post

I ordered the Kindle WiFi and got the same email on delivery dates as you did. I haven't been able to locate these new Kindles in the FCC database, so perhaps they haven't received FCC approval yet.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Curious, why would you upgrade the K3's shipping when they're promising release day delivery the way it is?
hmmm - good point.

I didn't see on that page where it said "delivery on release day." I'll change it to Prime 2 Day.

Thanks
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
hmmm - good point.

I didn't see on that page where it said "delivery on release day." I'll change it to Prime 2 Day.

Thanks
The 2 day shipping was only $4.99 USD more than the free shipping. I'm not sure why I chose the 2 day shipping since I have to wait a month anyway and a few more days wouldn't have been that much longer, but I guess I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
We have to pay extra for wall chargers to Australia. I have a wifi k3 on order and the charger shipped today.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Pushka: Same here in Europe (4.99$). Do you also have crazy import fees on the lighted covers? I skipped mine for now, because 90$ of VAT+Import Fees for a 60$ accessory is kinda crazy...

I suspect there's a quirk somewhere and hope that it'll get fixed before the release...
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The 2 day shipping was only $4.99 USD more than the free shipping. I'm not sure why I chose the 2 day shipping since I have to wait a month anyway and a few more days wouldn't have been that much longer, but I guess I'm like a kid waiting for Xmas!
when I preordered mine it said (and still says), FREE Two-Day Shipping from Amazon (Details) Pre-order now to ensure release date delivery.

Yours doesn't say that? or maybe I misunderstood and you're talking about the shipping on the cover.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:54 PM   #15
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Pushka: Same here in Europe (4.99$). Do you also have crazy import fees on the lighted covers? I skipped mine for now, because 90$ of VAT+Import Fees for a 60$ accessory is kinda crazy...
That is crazy. We dont pay any import duty at all - not even on the original kindle.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote