Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Tips on how to scan your own books?

I have been trying to convert some teacher guides for a program I use at work, and it has been slow going trying to type things in myself. I am going tomorrow to buy a used scanner and hope to scan them over the holiday break. Any tips? Most of them are spiral-bound, so it should be easy to lay them flat for scanning. Most of the pages are plain text, but some of them have call-out boxes or other notes in the margins. Any tips? If all goes well, I may scan some of my shorter personal books too, I am always trying to clear off shelf space and it wpuld be nice to get as many of my books digital as possible.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi ficbot, i'm going to move your thread to the workshop forum where you'll likely get more answers.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
NSqirrel
Enthusiast
NSqirrel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
You may like to have a look at a recent article seen on wired at http://www.boingboing.net/2009/12/11...0-book-sc.html
From the web page: 'Wired has a great feature on grad student Daniel Reetz $300 homebrew book-scanner (David linked to the Instructable for it in April). The device uses a couple of digital cameras, some acrylic and some wood to scan a 400 page book in 20 minutes, converting the scans to text with free software. '
NSqirrel is offline   Reply With Quote