Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #16
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
GAVE mine to a mate here in Sapporo...he uses it every day...still me thinks one of the best ergonomic designs ever.... I mean i have a PB 360 plus, Opus, and Sony 350...a good number of the 5 inch screens still on the market and I rank the V5 up there the best. You can sill buy it from Jinke in China..in fact, may buy one in the near future to help add to my 5 inch reader collection.... 5 inch .... cant beat the form factor...lightness and ease of one hand holding... the 350 is as good at the PP in landscape but the mix of V5 adaptability is hard to beat....Screen no worries. I Have a new pb 360 with Vizaplex reads fine..... not Pearl but good...in my opinion.......
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I still use mine. I don't use it everyday, primarily because of lack of (book) reading motivation--I spend way too much time reading the web.

That said, I've sometimes looked at getting a second ebook reader, but nothing I find meets my qualifications and is still being made (among other requirements, no WiFi, no touch screen, and firmware upgradeable with any OS on your computer).
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #18
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I find 5" screen is good for text based books, and epubs/mobi's.
PDF's only text based PDF's with reflow, which does not read as nice as pdf natively.

I'm looking around this forum to read up on some user experiences, to see just how different this reader is from my jetbook (if it had a 5" screen of the Sony PRS-505 built in, instead of the B&W LCD the jetbook uses)
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #19
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I have both a Wrinkled Blue PEZ and a new Sony PRS-T1, and was looking at them side by side a while ago when a thought occurred to me. Yup, they are nearly the same size, and nearly the same weight - within 5 grams - both with and without their similar style covers. So the 6" screen wins for me, and that's the one I carry around. Of course, the PEZ handles more formats, so I use it or my BeBook for the mobi book I have.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just bought a EZReader Pocket Pro from geeks.com for $50, and I can't say I'm dissapointed!
It's a wonderful buy! The Ez Reader is probably the lightest ebook reader device I've ever seen!
It's much faster than most devices out there, light weight, etc. etc...

It's currently my replacement device for my Jetbook!
I use it at work, because it stacks so nicely next to my pc, without anyone noticing it.
I can read from it while waiting for work.
Advert
Old 03-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #21
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
I've been using the daughters Sony PRS-600 the last couple of days after cleaning out the sticky substance that she managed to get in the SD and stylus slot just to make sure it's working well for her. All I can say is when I finish off this battery charge since and reload her library I can't wait to go back to my Pocket Pro.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I'm really getting back into mine. I had the Nook STR, and it drove me insane. I _like_ being able to delete a book when I'm done with it, and no annoying ads. I also have a Kobo Vox, which is brilliant for reading comics...but the battery life just doesn't hold up for long book reading days.

Also, I find that the Aztak is better at reading in low light. I can read my EZ Reader just fine by my small bedside lamp, when the Nook was hopeless. (I do wish it could read .cbr/.cbz comics though)
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
I'm really getting back into mine. I had the Nook STR, and it drove me insane. I _like_ being able to delete a book when I'm done with it, and no annoying ads.
Whose firmware are you using? Delete was not a function available on Astak firmware.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
ProDigit
Karmaniac

unless you're using tiny, handsized comic books, most comic books don't even display well on a screen 4x the size!
The 800x600 resolution is too small to read most comic books on. Regular comic books (A4 / lettersize) would barely be readable on a 1024x600 pix book reader, of at least 9 inch, or better.

I'd recommend 1280x800 pixels on a 11inch tablet is a good and comfortable size to read comic books from.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #25
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Congrats on the buy. You will love the PP...used it alot for a year or more
Viva the 5 inch reader....but...looks like its days are numbered....
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #26
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I'm using the Lbook firmware. I don't actually read American comics on it, I read manga, which get published in little collected volumes about the same size as the PP. I want to keep my eyes open for a Kobo Wifi, since it has the same screen and can read .cbr files.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #27
EloquentPeasant
EloquentPeasant began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I've been using mine daily for about two years and am still pretty happy with it. After trying out my daughter's new Kindle though, I was amazed at the screen. I think my next e-reader may be the Kindle Paperwhite. My EZReader's still got plenty of life left in it though.
EloquentPeasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Still in operation here too. Will keep it until it falls apart. Great for lefties like me. Just wish it would have an easier to get replacement battery like the V3.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #29
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
Still in operation here too. Will keep it until it falls apart. Great for lefties like me. Just wish it would have an easier to get replacement battery like the V3.
LBook or Bebook had the same model (V5) hardware. One of those should be able to supply a battery.

My wife has the K4 (Pearl), The Pearl screen is the only improvement I would want. I Like where my PEz controls are
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #30
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Yeah I know that's while I posted, altough the question was about EZ and I have a bebook mini.
+1 about the controls. Was disappointed seeing the new pure has no left side controls.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote