Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Gilbert, Henry: Robin Hood. V1. 22 July 2011

This epub is a remake of one submitted on July 19 by critch70. I was unable to use that version but after studying it with Sigil I was highly impressed with critch70's excellent efforts in scanning, ocr-ing, and proofing. I concluded that I would like to have it in my e-library, but that it needed some changes. At first I thought I would simply slightly modify the css to make it work but after working on it for a bit, I found I was so confused by Calibre's/Microsoft's css and coding that I decided to use my own.

Here's the results: I've used critch70's excellent text and images, and completely changed the formatting both of text and images including the addition of smallcaps for the the first part of each chapter' opening sentence and a linked toc.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Thanks for the kind words but I didn't do the initial scans. I got it from an online source and just turned it from the online html format to a portable ebook format for ereaders. Oddly enough though the epub seems to have had problems the mobi version doesn't seem to be having those same problems.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
critch70: thanks for letting me know. I had searched proj. gutenberg, US, Australia, & Canada and didn't find it so assumed you had done the initial work. After your comments above, I did another search and came up with the source: http://www.kellscraft.com/textcontents.html
I hadn't even known about this site, and it looks like there are many other online books available although getting them downloaded piece by piece looks sort of tedious.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Yes. Though I thought to just concentrate on those that aren't already available at the other sites. I'm working on some of the books by one of the authors there now. Like Biography of a Grizzly. Amazon has it and some others for free (or rather free versions) but the free versions there don't look too good. So I'm going to make my own omnibus of what is available.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote