Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
outlander78
Zealot
outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc 7
Hard Case Crime epubs

I stumbled across some good news, which doesn't seem to have been advertised on either Hard Case Crime's website, or their publisher's, Titan books - many of the titles are available for sale online. I've started buying mine from Kobo, but I expect they are on other sites as well.

edit: If you are looking on kobo, try searching for titles or author + "titan" - unfortunately, kobo's search functions and listings don't include a way to find every HCC or Titan Books listing - "hard case crimes" isn't helpful, and "titan" appears in hundreds of fantasy and science fiction novels.
outlander78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Thanks for posting.

Clicking on the "Click Here To Buy Our Books" link leads to Amazon, and Kindle editions here (some are preorders):

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12824776...rnid=618072011

If you just put "Titan" in quotes in the Kobo search box you will get a few with Titan in the title but mostly Titan publisher books.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Very cool! I will not however be paying more than $5 for these, there is one ePub for $15....really? These things aren't even 300 pages.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Excellent! Thanks for the Amazon link! And nice to see the in print titles at Kobobooks. (Kobobooks doesn't display "coming soon" titles.)
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
darthstuey
darthstuey began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader
I'm in the UK- how do I get these?
darthstuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Excellent! Thanks for the Amazon link! And nice to see the in print titles at Kobobooks. (Kobobooks doesn't display "coming soon" titles.)
YW!

Yes, I wish Kobo had that, too.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstuey View Post
I'm in the UK- how do I get these?
You will have to go to kobobooks.com, type in Titan in quotes in the search box and just see if they have them or not. I am in the US and can only see what is available to me.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
outlander78
Zealot
outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What title was $15? That is incredible. The highest I saw was the around $8, and it was the two-in-one.

Also, search for "kobo coupons" - there is a 20% off sale going if you look up the code, and also a 35% one-off for the first book you buy. In Canada, with the discounts, I am paying a little more than $5 per book, which I think is a fair price.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:16 AM   #9
darthstuey
darthstuey began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader
Thanks for the reply but it just says this content is not available outside of the us.
darthstuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
outlander78
Zealot

If you are really interested, email hard case crime - the fellow who runs it usually answers, and quickly at that. I'm sure he can tell you if anyone in your region sells HCC ebooks.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #11
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Thanks for sharing this news OP. I love pulp fiction!
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #12
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I use Books on Board for my ebooks, and I daily search for certain authors.

One of these authors is Donald Hamilton, aka Matt Helm series. Well, BoB has one of the Donald Hamilton novels, not Matt Helm, for sale now. Following the publisher info, it came from Hard Case Crime.

I went to the web site and was delighted with what is being published. Had not seen it before.

I am hoping with all fingers crossed that they will carry the Matt Helm series. I couldn't find which publishers ended up with the Matt Helm series after all this time and all the buyouts. If anyone knows, please pass it on.

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote