Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
chrisp191
Chrispy
chrisp191 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Problems with new PB360

Hello Everyone,

After reading all the wonderful reviews on this forum I decided to get a PB360 which I love.

Tonight I was reading my book and suddenly it froze. I waited and waited and waited and nothing happened. I pushes to power off button and after some time it went off. I turned it back on and am now getting the message

"No EBRMAIN found. Please Update Software"

I tried ressetting by taking off battery cover and pressing reset button

I tried putting the new version of SWUPDATE.BIN on my SD Card and going through firmware upgrade process but I just keep getting the same message.

Can anyone help please?

Kind Regards Chrisp191
chrisp191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
From what I understand people are having good luck with the older 14.2 version of firmware for the PB360.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I suggest to install the 14.2 firmware, with the battery fully charged.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp191 View Post
Hello Everyone,

After reading all the wonderful reviews on this forum I decided to get a PB360 which I love.

Tonight I was reading my book and suddenly it froze. I waited and waited and waited and nothing happened. I pushes to power off button and after some time it went off. I turned it back on and am now getting the message

"No EBRMAIN found. Please Update Software"

I tried ressetting by taking off battery cover and pressing reset button

I tried putting the new version of SWUPDATE.BIN on my SD Card and going through firmware upgrade process but I just keep getting the same message.

Can anyone help please?

Kind Regards Chrisp191
put the SWUPDATE.BIN on the PB itself not on the SD, then start the update procedure. Before u can try a Hardreset. But then all ur data (Books , settings) are gone. While during a Firmware update everything remains.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
chrisp191
Chrispy

Thank you for the responses

Quote:
put the SWUPDATE.BIN on the PB itself not on the SD, then start the update procedure.
It's great advice, however right now my computer doesn't see the PB360 at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. I will plug it in to a diffefrent computer today to try it.

Quote:
Before u can try a Hardreset. But then all ur data (Books , settings) are gone. While during a Firmware update everything remains.
How do I perform a hard reset? Happy to try that to get it back up and running.

Kind Regards,

Chris Plouffe
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Thank you for the responses

It's great advice, however right now my computer doesn't see the PB360 at all. I plug it in and nothing happens. I will plug it in to a diffefrent computer today to try it.

How do I perform a hard reset? Happy to try that to get it back up and running.

Kind Regards,

Chris Plouffe

1. Connect to Power and Switch off
2. Hold "OK" and "LOWER Large Key" together
3. Switch on
4. When message appears, release buttons.
5. Wait for approx 10min.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #7
chrisp191
Chrispy

Thank you Schnitzelbrain

Went through the process and it worked but at the end it brings you back to the same screen "No EBRMAIN found. please update software"

I've written to Pocketbook to ask what I should do as well.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
chrisp191
Chrispy

Hi Schnitzelbrain

I just tried doing the software update again and this time it worked like a charm!!

I was holding the OK button th top Page turn button and the power key all at the same time previously.

I tried holding only ok key and top page turn button and it worked!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards,

Chris Plouffe
Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 AM   #9
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:
Hi Schnitzelbrain

I just tried doing the software update again and this time it worked like a charm!!

I was holding the OK button th top Page turn button and the power key all at the same time previously.

I tried holding only ok key and top page turn button and it worked!!

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind Regards,

Chris Plouffe
Great to hear
Shure enough you have to release the pwr button after u hit it to switch on.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #10
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
1. Connect to Power and Switch off
2. Hold "OK" and "LOWER Large Key" together
3. Switch on
4. When message appears, release buttons.
5. Wait for approx 10min.
I did this but when the system came up it looked like it was in German. But when I went into the settings its all set to English but everything is actually in German.

Actually never mind. Something else must of happened. Because I did the reset again and now its going through the "test" and telling me to wait 10 min. I didn't get that the first time. So maybe once its done all will be well.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 06-25-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #11
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I did this but when the system came up it looked like it was in German. But when I went into the settings its all set to English but everything is actually in German.

Actually never mind. Something else must of happened. Because I did the reset again and now its going through the "test" and telling me to wait 10 min. I didn't get that the first time. So maybe once its done all will be well.
Looks normal to me, the hardreset does format the memory and checks for damaged ram cells, writing/erasing/reading it with patterns. That takes a while.