Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #331
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
in fact I am a student of both history and anthropology and understand full well the mistakes of ignoring the accidents of my predecessors. do not assume to know my politics or voting record.

instead of engaging the conversation of the "anarchists" in Oregon, you simply choose to attack me. like I said before, I've lived there. I know the "anarchists". fully half of them are communes left over from the 60s. the efficient ones have 3 people out of 10 actually doing the work to make the organizations viable. then there are the "tribal" orgs. where people's tribal names are "Brother Hawk Wing" and "Sister Moon Shadow". they are about as well prepared to live through any massive change in society as a faery fart. these are groups that are so caught up in the fantasy of alternate realities they have lost touch with what is going on in today's world. the only thing some of them might have going for them is that a few are agriculturally viable. that's effective in a true anarchist environment just until the stronger better organized group moves in and takes over. oh yeah, the ones with the guns

don't presume to understand my politics, who I voted for, what my stance on issues may be. you simply expose your own ignorance

No, you didn't actually make an argument that I could address. You sniped about some job you had where you got to look at anarchists (a right winger looking at left wingers and decrying them isn't much of an argument at all) then put in a lot of smilies. If you're a student of anthropology and history, show it in your argument. You will only get a response in kind if you make a statement without any clear arguments.

Maybe we can discuss the anarchist communes across Europe that are thriving - in Italy, in Spain, in Germany and even here in the UK. Or we can discuss the Eugene and Portland anarchists and how much good they've done since the battles in '98. There's tons to discuss there about the viability of micro-gardening, activism and fairness. And not just some hint at another gun-driven violent overthrow of peaceful people (not all of them are though, so your guns might not touch them much when they're willing to fight back).

Of course I'm going to assume your politics, it's not hard to figure out from the evidence here that you are right-leaning, pro-gun, pro-military, pro-flag, and believe there is honour in taking orders from your government.

Just as you can easily assume I'm left wing, pro-peace, anti-gun, anti-war, ant-violence and anti-nation. Nothing hard about that. It's logical. So yes, I'll continue to assume you are as I painted you, until you prove otherwise.

Now would you like to debate the merits of anarchism, following paths away from reality (there's plenty of those in your own history, Martin Luther King Jr being only one of many when he stood up to the status quo of racism in the south), or the disadvantages of following blind the orders of others.

I can discuss these topics forever and I will never falter in my discussion of them. I have gigabytes of evidence, reports, studies, photographs and video footage to bring to bare on this topic of patriotism and nation.

Say the word and we'll begin the lengthy process. I'm ready, are you?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #332
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
you don't want a discussion, you want a fight.
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 01:23 AM   #333
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you don't want a discussion, you want a fight.

No, it is you who doesn't want a discussion. You've proved as much in this thread. You proved it by posting this thread in the first place. A thread sourced from an ill-reported Fox news article that turned out not to be true in the first place.

If you want to discuss why patriotism and nationalism are dangerous for all, then let's begin. I love the written argument, it's one of my favourite forms of writing.

So let us begin, put forth you argument and then I'll offer my rebuttal. But let us do it formally this time. Citations from now on for all of us, with adequate references.

Would you like to begin?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #334
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
good night moejoe
Old 06-09-2010, 01:39 AM   #335
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
No, it is you who doesn't want a discussion. You've proved as much in this thread. You proved it by posting this thread in the first place. A thread sourced from an ill-reported Fox news article that turned out not to be true in the first place.

If you want to discuss why patriotism and nationalism are dangerous for all, then let's begin. I love the written argument, it's one of my favourite forms of writing.

So let us begin, put forth you argument and then I'll offer my rebuttal. But let us do it formally this time. Citations from now on for all of us, with adequate references.

Would you like to begin?
good night moejoe
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 04:23 AM   #336
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Thread closed.

Many posts in this thread are violating our posting guidelines, in particular the following rules got ignored:
  • 1. Discuss Things Politely:
    Quote:
    MobileRead is intended to be a family-safe and work-safe website. Please post accordingly.
    Quote:
    When things get controversial please disagree with the opinion, not the person
    Quote:
    Don’t say, “You’re an idiot,” or “anyone who thinks that is crazy.” Instead, say, “I disagree,” or better still, “I disagree because…”
    Quote:
    try to be sensitive to others when you post, and tolerant of others when you read their posts.
  • 2. Staying on Topic
    Quote:
    However, if the original poster, or a moderator, requests that a thread stay on topic then please respect their wishes. You could start a thread of your own about the new topic, if you want.
  • 7. Political and Religious Topics
    Quote:
    Past experience has shown that threads debating religious or political matters are unlikely to be edifying, and often become bad-tempered. Our mission is to support the mobile reading community. There are other sites which focus on contemporary political and religious discussions, so we strongly recommend that you debate these topics elsewhere.
MobileRead, (including its moderators), does not welcome its forums being used to express political views and ideologies by all available means and at any perceived opportunity.

It's a fine line between moderation and censorship but we got too many complaints about this thread by MobileRead members. Too many times the guidelines (or even a direct moderator's message) got ignored.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
blah blah blah