Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
sudermatt
sudermatt began at the beginning.

Device: eken m001
ereader for windows tablet - will anything meet my requirements?

1. swipe gesture to "turn" pages.
2. support for any major book market
3. Pen based annotations.

Microsoft's 8 year old ereader is the only one I can find with pen support. But it doesn't have the concept of pages.

anybody know of anything?

Thanks,
matt
sudermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
What do you mean by "concept of pages"? None of the reader software, with the exception of PDF has actual pages.

I'm using Mobipocket. You can use "swipes" to turn pages and you can make annotations. But it doesn't support epub, which is becoming the standard these days. But epub is easily turned into mobipocket books.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
sudermatt
sudermatt began at the beginning.

Device: eken m001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
What do you mean by "concept of pages"? None of the reader software, with the exception of PDF has actual pages.

I'm using Mobipocket. You can use "swipes" to turn pages and you can make annotations. But it doesn't support epub, which is becoming the standard these days. But epub is easily turned into mobipocket books.
eReader doesn't support "swipe"....I guess that's what I meant. You have to press the little numbers at the bottom of the page. And it doesn't do the two page presentation in landscape.
sudermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Uh, I turn pages by swiping with MS Reader *and* Mobipocket on my HP Tablet PC.
(Also on Adobe Reader but since pdf is a pretend paper format not an ebook format I don't read books on it.)

The OS provides customizable gestures I can assign to any function. I set the swipes to page up and page down. Works with any application, even MS Word in reading mode. That's what full Operating Systems are for, as opposed to cell-phone OSes.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote